4. Maybe the Night By Ben&Ben

Start from the beginning

"Welcome, welcome" he says, his voice sounds like what you'd expect from an opera singer. Deep and melodic "I hope that my land has been very welcoming and helpful"

Dad nods "Yes, we thank you for your support. Everything is wonderful"

"My love, let them sit on the table" says sulkily by a woman with brown auburn hair. Her silver eyes looking at us and her milky skin seems to glow under the light. She smiles at me, catching me gawking at her and I blush then looked away.

"Ah! Right of course, I don't want the Markoff family to start a war now" he winks at Dad who lets out a polite laugh. "Please, your human daughter must be tired" his eyes lands on me. the only one short and young enough to pass for that human daughter.

We sit, and I feel Endie's knee brushing consciously on mine. I turn to look at him and he points his chin to the empty chair just in front of him. We were all facing a family member of the Bergquist except for Avoy on the far end. We're even sitting according to who was the oldest. Endie on my right and Avery on my left. Mom faced Luna Emilia while Dad faced Alpha Mariuso.

"Sorry, my eldest has still not arrived from his trip." Emilia smiles, noticing us. Why is she observing me?

"Ah, is that so?" was my polite response with a smile. I don't dare let Endie talk, he was already slouching and watching enviously at the empty seat beside Luna Emilia. "must be a long trip" heat starts to rise to my neck.

"Oh, children please introduce yourselves to our guests" Emilia says, holding a wine close to her lips. She eyed them with a threat but the moment I noticed it, it was suddenly gone.

The teenager in front of me look tremendously bored. He glances up to me, who saw that I am uncomfortable, smiles while showing his fangs. Then I just remembered, Emilia was a vampire. It would explain the skin, the eyes, and her eating everything after a sip of wine. Is that even really wine?

He was boyish looking, still young like Avoy but probably a bit more mature due to his muscular frame and I see that he is wearing a bit of powder. It seems he doesn't like his boyish roundness either. Though I am not saying he is the same age as Avoy. The lines on his hands were numerous which it only meant that he was older

"Antony Bergquist" he says, his eyes not leaving my reddish faced self. "I am glad to make your acquaintance" he leans towards his right, to the girl who looks more of like their silky mother and whispers something then she grins at me.

"Zofia" she grins while her green eyes not leaving mine. Her smile looks sincere enough. "my, you do look a bit red. Are you alright?"

I look at my family bewildered. I didn't expect her to call it out like that. "U-Uh-Uhm" I feel Endie's hand on my knee and I calm down. Our parents were still busy talking. I breathed in and out then gave them a polite smile "I'm shy and this much is normal not at all worrying"

"that is interesting" Zofia says with a tilt of her head. Her glossy hair falling heavily down her shoulders "I like you"

I froze while I glance at Endie, horrified. Endie smirks at me while he tries to send something in my mind They are teasing you. Since I am human without a werewolf mate, I can't mindlink but if my siblings try hard enough they can send something my way. Should I make them stop? I can just wreak havoc on this Viking castle

I scowl at him and shake my head. Forgetting for a moment that the siblings were looking at me. the triplets weren't much for conversation because Avery and Avoy are forbidden to and Amery was too peachy to answer.

"She's adorable" Zofia gasps, one of her hand goes to her chest "Mother can we keep her?"

My eyes widen in mortification in what she said. Keep me?