72: Knife and Gun

Start from the beginning

I giggled.

"Please tell me you guys haven't gone all this time without making it official, y'know where you two are actually boyfriend and girlfriend." Beth said.

"Well, the night I got out of Cell Block A, Carl helped me to bed because I got shot not too much earlier, and he carried me up the stairs because our cells we're on the second level. I told him I could walk, but he wouldn't let me. Before he let me fall asleep, he asked me to be his girlfriend." I explained, with a smile. It was nice thinking about these things and sorta reliving them.

"You don't even have to explain anymore. I know you said yes." Beth joked.

I giggled.

"So what happened with Emily and Taylor, I know they couldn't have been happy." Beth said.

"They didn't know. Carl and I didn't tell anyone until Rick, Carl, and Michonne were stopped by a group of men threatening to kill them. I had came across them and watched all of it begin, my dad was with the group when they took over. The man was my uncle, so he refrained from hurting me. He had them begin to beat Dad to death for being a liar or whatever. I spoke up and explained how amazing they all were, that's when I confessed Carl was my boyfriend." I explained.

"Wait, when was this?" Beth asked.

"Oh, it was after the prison, I was alone. Dad said he chased the car that took you until he couldn't any longer, then my uncle and his group took Dad in. They had never met though, I don't know why. I didn't get out of the prison alone though." I explained.

"I saw you get out with Emily and Taylor, that was my next question. I knew things wouldn't end well, but what happened?" Beth asked me.

"This is the thing that will change your perspective of me." I said, then began to explain everything to her. Everything from Taylor dying to Emily and I fighting. "After the fight, I took my knife and threw it right into her skull, and to think. It was all because she said she was supposedly in love with Carl. Though, that's not all that happened to Emily, after she was dead, I wrote a note that way if anyone from the prison found it, they'd know I was okay. I took my finger in her blood from her head and I wrote my note. My humanity was gone though, I lost it and couldn't find it. I don't like the thought of someone threatening my relationship with Carl. I'm in love with him. I don't ever want to lose him." I explained to Beth.

"She did start it all, she stabbed you. Started the fight with you. She should've known by then that you're not one to take anyone's crap and she was kinda on borrowed time. Plus, love makes people crazy. It doesn't justify it, if anyone who didn't know you heard it, they'd think you're insane. I'm not gonna look at you differently. It doesn't define you." Beth explained.

"Now we're at a church, as you know, and the girl there, Valerie, she bullied me in school. She also already tried to get Carl to break up with me for her. I'm terrified that when my dad shows up there without me, he'll be convinced that I'm not coming back or something and go with her. I don't know what I mean by that exactly, but I don't want to lose him. I don't want her to win. I need to get back there. I need to. All that I keep thinking of is, what if she's convinced him I'm dead? What if they end up kissing? Yet, here I am in Atlanta. Worthless. The only reason I haven't killed her yet is because Carl wants to try and work things out. See if he can get her to apologize to me and stop her continuation of 'bullying' me. I can't kill all my problems, no matter how much I want to. I just want to be back there, with Carl. I miss him. I hope things that need to, go over soon. We should be back with them. You, me, and Carol." I said.

"You said she's threatening you and Carl's relationship?" Beth asked.

I nodded.

"I see that as a perfect reason to at least... punch her. Hit her around a bit. Just to show her you aren't going anywhere anytime soon. If Carl is stupid enough to do anything with her, as much as you don't want to hear it, maybe you just need to break up with him. He's supposed to stay loyal, and if he doesn't, it's time for you to get rid of him, or at least give him a taste of his own medicine in some way, shape, or form." Beth said.