Chapter 28

It was around 9pm and we were at the party. The music was blaring, people were drinking and dancing and it looked like a lot of fun. Then there was me, sitting at a lonely table with Dan and Peyton, wondering why I was spending precious moments of my life not having fun. Then it occurred to me that I could have fun, I was just holding myself back because I didn't want to get hurt.

 I decided to dance.

Peyton got up and ran over to suggest a song from the DJ. When she came back she pulled me onto the dance floor and I looked at Dan and signaled for him to follow. He smiled and got up. It was uptown funk by Mark Robson ft Bruno Mars. Out of all the possible songs, she chose this one. Oh how I loved her so. 

We started dancing and it was a lot of fun. Dan joined Phil and took some shots. About 2 I think. Phil had about 4 or more, great, he was drunk. Dan joined us again and by the time he got back the song changed from upbeat, to slow. The song was I'm not the only one by Sam Smith. I looked around for Phil but I couldn't find him.

Just then, Dan came around and grabbed me by the waist, spinning me around. We started to dance together and it felt right. The song got to the second verse when I spotted Phil. He was dancing with a pretty blonde girl in a cute red dress. I pulled away from Dan and went to talk to him. I tapped in his shoulder. 

"Oh hey babe." He said. He was drunk. 

"Phil. What are you doing? Why are you dancing with this girl?" I asked. 

"Because she's the prettiest girl I've ever met. Why do you care? Just back off!" He yelled. I was scared and mad. 

"Phil. You can't just go around dancing with other girls while you're dating me. We're supposed to be a couple and you can't just do this." I said. "No offense to you, you're really pretty and I'm actually quite jealous." I said to the girl. She laughed and made googly eyes at Phil. Oh hell Nah. 

"Well maybe I don't want to be with you anymore. I can do what I want and you can't stop me." He said. 

"Phil, you don't mean that? You're kidding right? You're drunk." I said. I was starting to have a anxiety attack. He let go of the girl and turned to face me. He was intimidating and I wanted to get out of this as soon as I could. 

"I mean it. I don't love you. I never loved you. I was only with you now because you said you were pregnant and I felt bad. I'm breaking up with you and I don't care. Don't talk to me and GET OVER IT!" He yelled. He then smirked and pulled the girl in for a kiss. I stood there for a minute trying to collect my thoughts. 

"Get lost hun." He yelled. I ran to the door and outside onto the sidewalk and collapsed on the ground. Dan came running after me. 

"Aliyah!! What happened?" He asked. Peyton ran outside as well. 

 "Phil was dancing with a girl and I was asking him not to and he said he was breaking up with me and that he never loved me and was only staying with me cause of the baby." I cried. Dan sat down next to me and I clung onto him. 

"He doesn't mean that. He's just drunk." Dan said, trying to reassure me. "A drunk mans talk is a sober mans thought." Peyton said before she ran back inside. Dan called a taxi.

When the taxi arrived Peyton came back outside and I noticed blood on her knuckles. "Why are your hands-" I started. 

"I just punched that bitch in the face until his nose and lip started to bleed. And guess what? The girl he was dancing with helped me and told him off with me too. Plus no one stopped us. No one gets to hurt you like that." She said.

 I gave her a hug and thanked her. When we got to the hotel we went up to our room. I was still crying and I couldn't stop. I went into the washroom and washed my face. I then put on pajamas and crawled into bed. Dan lied next to me. Peyton turned off the lights and went to bed in the other bed. I felt safe wrapped in Dan's arms. I fell asleep after a while but there was still a feeling of emptiness in my heart.