Chapter 23

It was Monday morning and Dan was still at my house. "So thought if any names?" He asked. He had been teasing me and he was so concerned with the baby. He told me he wanted to be there for every step. I admired his commitment but I couldn't help but feel guilty. There I was discussing my future child with its fathers best friend. 

"Well if it was a girl I was thinking Emily or Samantha. And if it was a boy I was thinking Thomas or Jack." I said. "What do you think?" He put on a thinking face and played down on the couch, stretching out and putting his legs over top of my lap. 

"I like those names actually." He said as he sat up and smiled. 

"I'm glad I have your approval then Mr. Howell." I said sarcastically.

The door to the lounge slammed open and Peyton walked in, furious. "Hey Peyton. What's wrong?" Asked Dan. I gave him a 'shut up' look. 

"Well I'm partially upset about Phil and I'm partially upset at Cadence for not driving me home. Damn I think I left my charger there." She said as she plopped down on the chair next to the couch. 

"Oh you know?" Dan asked. 

"Yeah, I told her. And don't worry Peyt, you can use my spare one." I said. 

"Thanks Ali. And Dan, I wish you were the one having the kid with her and not Phil. You guys were my OTP but Phil ruined it and now he's ruining her life with this kid. " She said. We kind of sat in an awkward silence until Peyton left the room to put her stuff away. 

"Do you feel that way?" He asked. 

"Hm?" I said. I didn't know what he meant. 

"So you wish you'd have the baby with me and not Phil?" I sat and looked away. I didn't know what I felt anymore, or if I even felt. 

"I don't know what to say. I mean Phil isn't that bad and you know that. Maybe I do kinda wish that it was you and not him but I can't change anything." I said. 

"Hey Aliyah?!" Peyton yelled from the stairs by the front door. 

"Can you come here." I walked down the stairs with Dan to see Peyton standing with no one other than Phil.