Chapter 3

I changed into my black skinny jeans and my panda T-shirt, grabbed my phone, my flats and my beanie and walked across the hall to Phil's flat. I knocked on the door immediately regretting coming over. All I could think about was him being out or having an awkward conversation with his friend or him sleeping and me waking him up when I knocked. Every bad scenario I could think of was playing through my head. After 15 seconds of waiting, I came to the conclusion that no one was home.

As I started to walk back to my place, his door opened.

"Hello?"

It wasn't Phil who said that though, it was a different male. He had brown hair that flipped opposite to Phil's. He had chocolate brown eyes and a similar smile. He wore superman pyjama pants and a black T-shirt with a white ring in the center of it.

"Oh hello, I was wondering if I could speak to Phil?" I asked.

I was terrified. I could hardly speak my hands were shaking and to make it worse he wouldn't stop staring at me. I felt so small compared to him. Now that I thought about it, he and Phil are almost the exact same height which made me even more worried. I'm so short compared to them.

"He's in his room. You can go see him if you'd like." He said.

I could tell he was sick. His nose was stuffed his eyes were puffy and he looked so weak and fragile, he was intimidating, but still pretty good looking.

I felt bad for him. He looked as if he was going to throw up and collapse right there but he just stood.

"Thank you. I'm Aliyah by the way. I'm your new neighbour." I said with a reassuring smile. He laughed.

"I know who you are! Phil told me all about you when he brought home the tea you made us. Thank you for that by the way, it helped my throat and it was really good" He said.

Something about his voice threw me off. One moment he could sound so serious and then the next he would sound happy and funny. I smiled at the fact that Phil talks about me to his friend.

"No problem." I said as I walked up the stairs. He walked me to the room and knocked for Phil who said a weak "come in."

I was about to walk in when his friend stopped me. He held out his hand and said "it's nice to meet you too. I'm Dan."

I didn't know what to say so I smiled and shook his hand. He turned around after a couple of seconds of neither of us saying anything and proceeded down the hallway. I walked into Phil's room, keeping the door open and walking slowly hoping I didn't startle him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey Ali." I was thrown off so much. No one has called me Ali in such a long time. He sneezed.

"Morning sunshine. Still sick I see?" I don't know why I called him sunshine; I needed something to say to him that would make up for him calling me Ali.

"Sunshine? That name is so feminine. I am a manly man!!" He said, lifting his arm to show off his muscles.

"Come feel." I walked over and he patted to his bed for me to sit down.

He grabbed my hand and put it on his biceps as he was trying to flex.

"So why sunshine?" He asked. I assumed he was talking about the name I called him so I told him the truth.

"I needed something to call you and that just so happened to come to mind."

He started coughing so i sat him up and gave him some water in the cup on his nightstand. He calmed down. He was holding on to one of my arms and with the other arm I felt his forehead. He was still hot but not as much as he was last week.

"You need to get as much sleep as you can or your fever will never die down." I said as I pulled my arm away and got up to leave.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards him. He hugged me close to him and asked me not to leave.

"I'm all alone right now and I want someone to sit with me!!" He whined.

"Phil, you won't get better while I'm here I can stay for 10 minutes with you but then you have to sleep okay?" I asked.

I didn't want to go as much as he didn't want me to go but in order for him to be better I had to leave.

"Will you promise to visit me every day?" He asked.

"I promise." He held out his pinky finger and I wrapped mine around it.

He let go of me and just lied there. After 10 minutes of sitting in silence I expected him to be asleep. I attempted to get off the bed without him waking up, but to my surprise he was still awake.

"Before you go, can you sing me that song?" He asked. I was confused about what song he was talking about.

"Which song?"

"The sunshine song." I wanted to stay even more now but I knew I had to go.

"Okay. I'll sing it." I said. He smiled and looked at me with those eyes of his.

"You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.
You make me happy,
when skies are gray.
You'll never know dear,
how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away."

After that he let go of my arm and started to drift off. I was looking at his peaceful expression when I got up. He smiled as I turned towards the door. I said goodbye to Dan and went home to put on 50 First Dates. Peyton came out into the living room to watch it with me.

Ironically, the clouds rolled in and it started to rain.

A/N: So this chapter is really cringe worthy for me. I don't think I've said this before but I write these beginning chapters about 1 and a half years ago so when I edit these now I get to re experience my crappy writing from last year :3