Chapter 20

I woke up to the sound of knocking on the front door. I was wearing Dan's Superman pajamas and Peyton's The Walking Dead, Daryl, shirt. It was 11:43 am and I realized I overslept. I opened my door and walked down the steps to the front door. Peyton stood at the top of the stairs observing me. I opened the door to see Phil, wearing his usual jeans and crazy T-shirt. He looked me in the eyes and I felt the unbearable guilt. "Hey Ali." He said. His eyes never leaving mine.

"Hey Phil." I replied.

I turned to Peyton who was still at the top of the stairs and signaled for her to leave. I turned back to him and smiled, he didn't smile back. "What's up?" I asked awkwardly. He chuckled and I was hoping this was as awkward for him as it was for me.

"Well nothing really. Carrie said you dropped by yesterday looking for me and Dan?" He said.

"Oh yeah. I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out with Peyton and I. It's no big deal though." I said.

"We're free now if you want to watch a movie or something at your place.." Phil said. I didn't want to make him feel pressured into coming over or anything but then again he asked.

"I'll check with Peyton but yeah. You can go get Dan if you want and come over when you're ready." I said.

"Good, good. So it's a date?" He joked.

He smiled for the first time in so long and I was happy. "Yes Phil. It's a date." I said sarcastically. He went over to get Dan and I went upstairs to tell Peyton they were coming over. When they met up with us at our flat they were in their PJ's and socks and it was about 1pm. We decided on watching This Is The End because it was one of the funniest movies that Peyton and I had seen during our teenage years. It was getting late in the day and they had to get to the studio to do their radio show so we said our goodbyes and went on with what was left of our day.

"Well you waited a couple of days so now I think its time you take the test." Peyton said.

I had to admit that I didn't want to know nor did I want to tell him if I was pregnant but she, unfortunately, was right. I really hate that word. "Fine." I said as I walked to the bathroom grabbing a test from the cupboard. I followed the instructions that were on the back of the box and did my thing. After it was one there were 2 red lines on the test. I was anxious as to what it meant. When I looked to the box I started to cry.

Peyton came barging in hearing my cries and took a look at the test. "Ali.." She said as she pulled me into a hug. She ran out in a hurry getting her phone.

"Don't tell Phil." I yelled. I didn't know what to do. "I need to do that in person." She looked at me and put her phone down.

"Tomorrow we'll go over and tell him together, okay?" She said.
"Okay."

We got up and walked over to the lounge, sitting on the couch and watching another movie. I began to realize at that moment that I was way too young for this. Well not WAY too young but that's beside the point. I grew up with young children in my house and I had gotten used to it, after all those were other peoples kids. Sure they were family and I helped out sometimes but the responsibility was never directly on me.

The thought of having to care for a child who is incapable of caring for themselves because of being new and stuff, just provoked me. I was even more stressed then I was before and Peyton said that wasn't good. By the end of the night we decided to crash on the couch and reclining chair. I still had no idea how I was going to tell Phil.