Chapter 18

I woke up to see Phil sleeping soundly beside me. I couldn't remember much of what happened last night or why it happened but judging by the clothes on my floor, Phil laying in my bed and my over all feeling of guilt, I had a pretty good idea of what it was. I felt disgusting, hot and sticky, not to mention smelling like cheep alcohol and Phil's manly perfume. I got up and quickly, grabbed a towel running straight towards the bathroom at the end of the hall, hoping no one was awake or just waking up that would see me.

I had a throbbing head ache and my stomach hurt like hell. I started to turn on the water for the tub when I puked in the sink beside me. Great mental image, am I right? I rinsed the sink and hopped into the tub changing the water settings to a shower. After about 5 minutes or so the pain in my head and tummy went away and I washed myself of all the reeking stenches and substances that covered me.

I grabbed a sheet from the cupboard across from the sink and wrapped myself in it, leaving little to no skin showing. When I arrived back in my room Phil was getting up, exposing every detail off his body. I turned around quickly and exclaimed sorry as I felt my face being flushed with embarrassment. I could hear him rushing to get something on and I immediately felt sick again. "Looks like I'll be doing laundry tonight" I joked, trying to ease the tension that filled the room. I turned around to see him standing on the other side of my bed in a pair of shorts slowly stripping my bed of the dirty sheets.

"Sorry Ali." He said. I could tell he was as embarrassed as I was by his bright red cheeks and the strain in his voice. What had happened last night?

Phil and I have been friends for almost a year now. We haven't been on each others bad side in over 8 months but if what I think happened last night did actually happened then we are in a whole new world of trouble. "Do you know what happened last night Phil?" I said. Part of me knew and the other part didn't want to accept it as what happened.

"Well, we were at that party with Dan, Peyton, Carrie, PJ, Chris and a bunch of other people. There was booze and stuff there and we had a few shots and went home. That's all I can remember." He said. I was trying not to make eye contact with him to avoid any awkward moments but I felt our eyes locking and it was a never ending staring contest. His eyes were the most perfect shade of blue.

"Aliyah? Are you guys up yet?" Yelled Peyton from the hall. Did she know?

"Yeah. Give us a sec." I yelled back.

I started to panic as I walked over to the wardrobe that was behind Phil and grabbed the clothes I was going to wear that day. He grabbed his spare clothes that he and Dan kept here from the drawer and put them on. When we were dressed I looked at him and he looked at me. He started to walk towards me and I had no idea what to do. I was lost in his eyes and I couldn't find a map. He brushed my damp hair off of my face and gave me an awkward hug.

When we walked into the sitting room all I could see was Peyton laughing and Dan smiling weirdly at us. What do they know that I don't know? I was getting frustrated fast so i turned towards the kitchen and made myself a tea and toast. I sat next to Peyton on the couch which only made her laugh harder. "What?!" I said. she looked at me and stopped laughing until she took out her phone and showed Phil and I a bunch of pictures from last night.

I grabbed her phone and deleted every single one of them. I felt so embarrassed and sick. I wanted to die so badly. Phil, the 28 year old, innocent British guy who lived across the hall from us, and me, the 20 year old girl, got drunk and diddly did it. I knew it, I just didn't want to believe it. Phil grabbed Dan's arm and left our flat while I started to cry in Peyton's arms. Never before have I done something so bad. I knew things were going to be weird the next time I saw Phil.