Chapter 9

He was in for lecture of his life. I dragged Peyton over to Dan and Phil's and rang the bell. I heard footsteps coming down so I hid at the side to be out of the sight range. The door flung open and someone stepped into the hall. "Peyton!! This is a pleasant surprise!" It was Phil. My anger was taking control of me and I knew I was going to do something I'd regret. I stepped beside Peyton and looked at Phil, anger in my eyes. "Oh, hi." He said. His words stabbed me repeatedly until I found myself thinking calmly.

"Good afternoon Phil." I said cheerfully.

"Phil.. I have a boyfriend and me flirting with you was a complete mistake. Yesterday and this morning should have never happened." Peyton said. I looked at her.

I was proud that she was being loyal to Andrew even after what happened. "Does SHE have anything to do with your decision?" He asked her. I felt a click in my head as I realized what was happening. He was trying to manipulate her and make her believe I put her up to this. I walked towards the door with tears filling my eyes. I didn't know what to do, he was slowly killing me with his words and there was a never ending pain and feeling of loneliness that I had.

Before I could get to the door she spoke up. "Al, hold up one minute okay." I stood there and saw the red in her eyes.

"If she wants to go just let her." I heard Phil say.

"Just shut up. First of all SHE has a name. Its Aliyah. Second of all I have my own brain and can make my own decisions on whether or not I want to be loyal to my boyfriend or cheat on him with a guy I met yesterday. You have no idea how much I hate you right now do you. She has been there for you since day one. She helped you, made you tea, got you to bed and sang to you. She visited you every day because she promised and this is how you repay her? Flirting with her best friend and constantly ignoring her?" Peyton spoke words of honesty and compassion. I was glad to have her by my side. "How much do you know about her? How much do you know about me?" She said before she stormed upstairs.

I was tearing up. God, this was embarrassing. He looked at me and I started to break. Tears rushed down my face and I couldn't stop it. He stepped towards me and I didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry." I said and I closed the door in his face and ran upstairs. Why did I apologize? Ha, I guess this was kind of my fault.

Everything is going to change.