Chapter 10

*Phil's POV*

She closed the door in my face. I felt so guilty. She was crying, heartbroken and it was all my fault. Why did I have to be so blind. The most perfect girl I could ever have was right in front of me and I was too blinded by the beauty of her best friend to see that. Dan came down stairs to see me staring at her door. "Hey." He said. I ran over to him pulling him into a hug and couldn't stop myself from crying.

"I'm such an idiot." I sobbed. He tried to warn me before but I ignored the red flags and hurt the person who was always there for me.

"What happened with Ali?" He asked. I didn't want him calling her that or even referring to her by that name.

Only I called her that, but I ruined that chance. "Peyton explained how she had a boyfriend and I told her I thought Aliyah was making her say that and she flipped on me." I said. "She told me how Ali was always there for me and always would be and I ruined all chances with her and-" I was crying even harder than before. "Ali was there and I saw her crying and I wanted to apologize and I stepped forward but she said she was sorry and closed the door in my face. She hates me." I couldn't stop crying. I was overcome with feelings of depression and heartbreak. I wanted her to sing to me like she did when I was sick. I just wanted to lay by her, see her face, and hear her voice. That opportunity was gone. I was alone and trapped in my own mind.

"I'll go talk to her, try and get her to calm down." Dan said.

*Dan's POV*

Phil looked at me with eyes puffy and wet. I needed to stop this, Phil and Aliyah had to make up. I didn't want them to be together but they at least could be friends. It was getting annoying. "Dan? You will?" Phil hugged me again.

"Just go upstairs and lay down." I told him. He ran up the stairs and I rang the door. The door flung open and I was face to face with Peyton. I resented her. She was one of the reasons for Phil and Aliyah to fight.

"Dan. We need to get them back together. She is heartbroken and won't stop crying. She loves him, okay." Peyton said.

She thinks they need each other. "How are we going to make that happen. It isn't like we can lock them in a room together and expect them to make up." I said sarcastically.

"That could actually work. Go grab Phil and make sure he's blindfolded. Leave the rest to me." She said as she walked up the stairs. I was walking through the door when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Dan?" It was Peyton again.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Next time, just walk in." She smirked and went upstairs. I didn't know what I was doing. Was it worth getting them "back together" when for all I knew this would happen again. I actually liked Aliyah and respected her. She deserves someone who can be there for her. She deserves... Someone else...