Chapter 8

I went upstairs after saying goodbye to Dan and walked straight to Peyton's room. "Peyton, can we talk?" I said. She opened her door and saw tears streaming down her face. Her eyeliner and mascara were smudged all underneath her eyes. She was wearing my sweater and the shorts I got her for her birthday.

"I'm so sorry Aliyah. I never meant for any of that to happen. I was trying to impress them last night and I didn't expect for the guy to kiss me!" She said over her tears. She hugged me, not the kind of hug you'd give to an awkward family member or even the hug she gave to Dan and Phil.

It was the kind of hug that felt like she was in distress. She was but that's beside the point. "I'm such a bad friend. And I even cheated on Andrew, who does that?!" She sobbed.

"You aren't such a bad person. I should be the least of your worries right now. You need to tell Phil you have a boyfriend and tell Andrew the truth of what happened." I explained. I admit, I've been waiting for a moment like this to come around for a long time but seeing her in the state she was in made me mad. Not mad on her behalf but mad on Phil's.

"Who's Phil?" She asked. "The guy that kissed you." I laughed. "And he is going to be thrown into the well when he gets back."