Chapter 7

*Aliyah's POV*

I woke up at 8am. Dan wasn't next to me anymore. He probably went home right after I fell asleep. He left his sweater here though. I was thinking about going down and giving it back to him later. "Aliyah!!" Peyton yelled from downstairs. I grabbed my brush and started towards the stairs. I was at the top and I yelled down, asking her what she needed. Why was she downstairs? Was Dan or Phil down there? "Get Dan's sweater for me please." She yelled up.

I went and grabbed his sweater and walked down to give it to her. She stopped me on the landing before the door. I couldn't see who was at the door. "Toss it down." She said. I put it on a ball and tossed it at her.

"Here you go." She said as she straightened it out and folded it and gave it to the person at the door. It was Phil. He pulled her in for a hug and he saw me standing at the landing. When they separated I saw them kiss. I ran upstairs and went straight to my room to text Jack. Jack is my best friend (besides Peyton) he's a YouTube gamer and from Ireland. He's been supporting me since I started my channel.

A: hey :)

J: Heyyy

A: want to play a game?

J: I'm actually doing some editing right now. I can play later though :3

A: alright :D have fun with that editing.. I'll leave you to it

J: Aw, I'm so lonely now :3 I'll talk to you later. Bye.

A: bye

I didn't even get to tell him. He was already gone and I was all alone with my so called best friend. I told her about him and how much I liked him and she had to go and mess everything up for me. I turned on the A Team by Ed Sheeran and curled up on my bed. I had my head phones on at full blast but I couldn't stop hearing myself cry.

I closed my eyes trying to forget about Phil. I've only known him for about a few weeks but I thought we were at least friends. He didn't even have the decency to say hi to me. No, he just looked at me and mucked my best friend. She has a boyfriend. How will he react to this? I opened my eyes and took my head phones off for a few minutes trying to process what happened. Someone knocked. "Go away!" I yelled, assuming it was Peyton trying to pull one of her bull shit excuses.

"Aliyah, it's me. Dan. Can I please come in?" It was Dan. I tried to think of a reason to say he couldn't come in but I couldn't.

"Sure." I said. I unplugged my head phones and put on Plug in Baby by Muse. It was my favourite song and it described the situation perfectly. He started to sing along at the chorus and I couldn't help but smile. "You can sit down if you'd like to." I said patting spot next to me. He ran over and sat with me still singing it. "What're doing here Dan?" I asked. I didn't want to sound rude or make it seem like I didn't want him here.

"I came to get my sweater at first but Phil already did that. I just thought you might want some company." He replied. He smiled and all I noticed was his one lonely dimple.

"Thank you." I said.

The song ended and it immediately got really silent and awkward. "So, what do you like to do?" He asked.

"Play video games and mindlessly scroll through tumblr. How about you?" He looked at me with those big eyes and said a simple "omg same!!!" We talked from when he got here which was about 9:30am to 3:10pm. In a mere 5 and a half hours I learned so much more about him than I did yesterday. He had to go at 3:20 so for the last 10 minutes we sat in silence. I walked him down stairs and opened the door. Phil was walking out of his apartment a minute later.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." Dan walked out of my apartment and into the hallway. He turned to me and said "Thanks for having me over! I'll see you tomorrow." And kissed me on the cheek." Phil just stood there. Nothing seems to faze him. As for Dan, I feel more for him then Phil. We will be close. I just know it.