Chapter 5

I ran down the stairs to open the door. On the other side of the door stood Dan and Phil. "Hey Ali!!" Phil exclaimed. He pulled me towards him for a hug. I admit that I missed him. Over the week that he was sick, I never broke my promise. Every day I'd go over and sit on his bed just chatting about our days and the latest gossip.

"Phil!! Dan!! Hey its nice to see ya. You guys are looking better!" I said.

"Thanks to your remedies and sleep, we eventually got over it." Dan said. I could never tell if he meant something to be serious or a joke. His accent made everything sound sarcastic.

"That's good. So, do you want to come in?" I asked politely.

"Well of course. You promised me we'd have a movie night. Plus I really would like to meet Peyton. She sounds lovely by the way you describe her." This came from Phil and as soon as I heard it I was full of conflicting emotions.

I was happy for him to be here and better to say the least and I was jealous of Peyton for getting in the way of things. I know she's my best friend and she probably wouldn't do that but I still had an uneasy feeling about it, plus she had a boyfriend and was going to stay loyal no matter what. "Oh yeah, come in and make yourselves comfortable. Peyton is in her room right now I think. I'll go get her." I said, walking quickly towards Peyton's room.

I walked in to see her in her pajamas and a tank top. Her hair was brushed out and she already had 2 pounds of makeup on her face. "Hey babe!" She said with a smile and a wink.

"Hey. Phil and his friend Dan are here. They want to meet you and I want you to meet them too." I was trying not to make it sound one sided or like I didn't want her to meet them but I'm not sure if that worked.

"Okay, I'll get dressed." She said as she sighed.

"Oh no, you don't need to. We're watching a movie with them here." I said.

"I'm still going to change. I have been wearing these for so long." She joked. I went to sit with Dan and Phil on the couch in the lounge. About 5 minutes later she joined us. I was wearing black skinny jeans and a white cat shirt. She on the other hand was wearing white short shorts and a somewhat revealing shirt.

I wanted to punch her in the face. They wouldn't stop staring at her until she introduced herself. "Hey, I'm Peyton. Aliyah has told me a lot about you." They instantly stood up to greet her with hugs and hand shakes while I sat on the couch praying that they wouldn't fall for her. She went to sit down next to me and they followed her and sat on both sides of her.

"So, what movie should we watch?" She asked them.

"Anything that's horror." Said Phil and Dan just agreed.

"I'm warning you, I sometimes get scared when watching horror.." She said. She was flirting with them both.

"Don't worry, I'll cuddle you if you get scared." Said Phil. Dan just sat there, shifting away from them a bit.

"Why don't we watch oculus?" I suggested, that being my favorite horror film and the scariest movie I knew.

Peyton nodded and I got up and put the movie into the DVD player. I got really jealous during the movie but what set me off the most was when it was at the really scary part and everyone jumped -except for Dan, who screamed- and Phil only cuddled more with Peyton to make sure she was alright. I grabbed my phone and walked out walking towards the bathroom. I didn't have to go, I just needed to make it seem like I wasn't trying to avoid them. I texted Jack.

A: hey

J: hey

A: supp?

J: downloading games. You?

A: avoiding my neighbors -.-

J: ouuu what did she do?

A: who ever could you mean :3

J: we both know Peyton did something. Tell meeehh. I'll love you forever if you tell me.

A: you'll love me forever even if I don't tell you. But she's constantly flirting with them and its really annoying. They're over right now watching a movie with us. I gtg ttyl love youuuu ^-^

J: ohhh snap!! Well good luck with that. Text me later k? Love you byeee!! ^-^

There was a knock at the door followed by a voice. "Are you okay Aliyah?" I didn't have to see his face to know who it was. Just the way he spoke and what he called me told me everything I needed to know. I opened the door and there stood Dan. He seemed much taller than when we first met.

"Yes, I'm fine. It was getting stuffy in there so I decided to come in here and chill for a few." I chuckled to myself because I knew how much of that was the truth.

"Oh. Mind if I join you? Its getting really cramped in there and I want to make sure you're okay." He asked gently pushing his fringe out of his line of sight.

"Sure. We don't necessarily have to stay in here though. My room is right around the corner, we can chill in there." I said, trying not to sound awkward. He nodded and walked into my room and sat on my bed.

We talked for what seemed like hours. I learned a lot about him. When the movie ended Phil and Peyton walked into my room and asked us why we left. As soon as they did Dan stepped up. I was expecting him to drool over her like Phil has been doing for over 3 hours but instead he lied. "Well Aliyah wasn't feeling good so I sat with her in here for the time being." He stated. They shrugged it off and left it at that. Phil said goodbye first and went home looking groggy and tired but Dan stuck around for a bit more. "Your head does feel a bit hot." Dan said placing his hand on my forehead. "You should rest. If you want I can stay here with you for the night?" He asked.

"It wouldn't be weird or anything?" I asked. I wanted him to stay.

"Oh if you don't want me to its fine." He said sarcastically.

"No Dan, I'd love for you to stay. On one condition though." I said.

"What's that?"

"Can you sing a song?" I asked. I wanted sleep to take me out of my trance but my mind was too blocked by him.

"I don't usually sing on the first date." He said jokingly.

"Oh so this is a date?" I asked.

"Do you want it to be?" He said.

"Only if you do." I answered.

"So we're back to the endless back and forth asking questions thing." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing. Want me to sing the llama song for you?" He said, smiling.

"I'd love if you did." He started to sing.

Once he was done I was really tired. I had a long day. Turns out I was paying attention to the wrong guy. Dan moved my hair off of my forehead and gently kissed it. I could feel his warmth next so me as a soon realized I was wrapped in his arms. Even if it only lasted a second before I drifted off, it was still one of the best seconds of my life.

A/N: School is back up so I'm sorry this is a little late. I think this is the longest chapter so far. I hope you enjoyed!! Have a nice day :D