He hung up, and the minute that he did, I exhaled with a huge relief off my shoulders. I fall back down onto the bed and stared at the blank ceiling, trying to take this whole thing in. I really got away with it. A hysteric laugh slipped through my lips. This was utterly ridiculous.

   Alex entered into my view, dangling his head just above mine. "Great going, Tinkerbell. You could have called in sick and had a whole day to ourselves but no." He held out the 'no' overly dramatic.

"The school calls when you skip school right? To our parents?" I bit my lip, wishing I said I was sick.

"Does it look like I'm supposed to know?" he smirked. His hand crept up my thigh. Instantly, I quiver from his touch that made me go crazy every time. It was a burning fire in my stomach that couldn't be tamed. All it wanted was more fumes to add to the flames. I completely forgot my trace of thought.

  I had to ask the question that swirled in my mind. It caused me to laugh, bringing my hands up to my blushing face, totally embarrassed.

  "What?" He looked dumbfounded, but went along with my laughing fest.

Blushing madly, I mumbled softly. "Are you always horny?" 

  Unexpectedly, he took both my hands, and pulled them away from my face gently. The bursting orange sun reflects off him, making his hair a crisp gold color. His eyes lit up to a see-through caramel, making me want to dive into them. His morning smile added fumes to the flame.

"You're cute when you're shy, Angel." His croaky voice said. It was his I-Just-Woke-Up-But-My-Voice-is-to-Die-For voice.

   "You still haven't answered my question." I rolled my eyes. My retorting was becoming worse as the hours racked up of the time I had been spending with him.

  "About that date thingy or whatever you want to call it," He ignored my question. "It will be on Friday." 

   "And how will you pick me up?" This wasn't going to work, I already knew. Either my dad or brother would have him at gunpoint.

   And here I sat, wondering why Derek didn't want me to be around him. So far, Alex was more than a decent and good guy, besides the encounters with that Caleb person.

   "Rian will pick you up." His sass was rolling of his tongue, and the toothless grin he I was giving me just proved that he was positive that his ridiculous plan would work.

   "You know how awkward that will be? I barely know him like that. I don't know him at all!" I rambled on, not believing Alex was going to do this to me.

   "You're already an awkward mess so I don't think it really matters anyway." He shrugged off my panic statements like dust.

I scoffed at him and he suddenly moved from my sight and released his hold on my wrists. 

    Pouting my lips, I watched him walk out of his bedroom. I didn't bother to move an inch. The bed was way too comfortable to leave and there was no reason to try to hurry to school.

  But nonetheless, Alex returned with a steaming hot cup of Joe, and then trudged over to the stereo, scanning through his collection of albums. After going through them, he found one and entered the CD in. 

"What's this?" I asked, crossing my legs on the bed.

"Just a mix." He sat next to me, getting back under the sheets.

"You like doing that don't you?" 

  "Burning CDs with songs? Yeah. Have one for different occasions." He started to play with my hair gently in a soothing touch, and now I was definitely not leaving this bed.