However, what he wasn't expecting was the story of her sister's life and how Bianca came to be so weary of men.

When Lydia finally ended, Solomon's eyes were closed. Lydia knew he wasn't sleeping but deep in thought.

" Please Solomon, if you truly love my sister, you have to promise me never to hurt her, or break her heart. For me, this is not child's play. If you aren't looking for a commitment but a fling, then please, move on . I see the way she looks at you....and you at her, and I hope it is what I am perceiving in my spirit".

Solomon heard and understood everything Lydia was saying, and he also knew he would never do anything to hurt Bianca.

"Big Sis," Solomon said, " I love Bianca and I promise you that I would never harm her in anyway. I too wasn't expecting love to happen,..but it just did. I may not look rich but I have enough money stored up to provide for your sister, that is ..if she will have me".

Lydia was happy with the man's answer. Solomon was a good man, and pastor Jacob had previously answered all Lydia's questions and laid all her fears on this matter to rest before she had called Solomon herself.
Lydia knew GOD was at work here, and she wouldn't have to worry about her sister settling down with the right person anymore.

                                           =========================

Mr Fred Ejimwa found his wife crying again in their small library at home. It was her sanctuary from the world around her,..even her family.

She loved her books so much, and Fred had given up his study room and told his carpenter to convert it into a library for his new bride many years back.

Unfortunately, this was also the same place she retreated to when she became depressed and wanted to be alone.

Fred knew why his wife was sometimes sad, but he didn't know what he could do about it. They had gone for counseling with their Pastor for some years now and everything had gotten better. Her attitude towards life had changed positively and she was happy .Receiving Christ Jesus into her life had made the difference.

With time, her  blue moods,  as their children called it, had dwindled, and finally, disappeared.
Well.. not until some few weeks ago when it took a nose dive for worse.

     It was the latest story all over town .

The tale of the possessed boy who had gone missing weeks back at SD & B Farms and Poultry. It was owned by one of their church members, Solomon Dante.

Fred had tried to prevent her from hearing the news of the boy, knowing how much it would affect her .

For almost a week, he didn't allow the family watch the daily nine p.m news while eating dinner nor did they listen to the radio in the morning when the children were getting ready for school.

His wife and kids really didn't care much for it, in fact, the kids were happier. They didn't have to watch daddy's boring news .

But Fred knew it would only be a matter of time. The Ejimwas' neighbor, Aunt Nina, had dropped by some nights back, and had spilled the beans about Zebu.

That evening, as the woman went into details about the boy's mysterious disappearance, Fred had secretly, observed his wife from the corner of his eye. He noticed how she froze when the boy's name was mentioned.

And now, ..night after night, she would shut herself up in the library, crying herself away.

"Doris love, you can't continue punishing yourself over this boy" Fred begged, pulling her off the single sitter she lay on and enfolding her in a soft embrace .

" GOD has forgiven you of your past sins,..why can't you forgive yourself, ..why?!".

But Doris just kept crying. Maybe the best thing was to call Pastor Jacob once again, Fred thought to himself. He was getting tired of the situation.

Her melancholy mood was already affecting their children. Even the house seemed so dark and forlorn.

Fred escorted his wife out of the library and into the bedroom. He helped her into bed and stayed until she finally fell asleep.

He changed into his pajamas and laid down beside her in bed. He was unable to sleep and just stared up at the white ceiling .

'First thing tomorrow, I'll call Pastor and book an urgent appointment ,Fred thought to himself.
Lord, please settle this matter once and for all and let Doris find peace in you.

===================to be continued ====================
Pls kindly vote if you enjoyed this part