The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 24

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Yup. For now, anyway. Tsuki got a pretty nasty wound during the fight and Nikko’s watching her. Hopefully she’ll die, the stupid bitch.” I shrugged and he looked down at me.

“That’s not something you’d hear from a Leaf ninja usually.” I shrugged.

“I’m not your ‘usual’ Leaf ninja.” He nodded as I said that.

“Fair point.”

We lapsed into silence, both of us devouring the dango rapidly. I pulled back one of my arms, brushing my hair aside and using the arm as a pillow.

Itachi was watching me as I did this, looking over me for a moment before speaking. “Your guard isn’t up.”

“Nice observation.” I said sarcastically.

“Why?”

I stared at him for a moment before smiling. A real smile, not a sarcastic one. “Because I trust you, Itachi-chan. I know you won’t physically harm me. I’d kick your ass if you did.”

His eyes widened in surprise, a slight twinkle of amusement hidden somewhere there.

“I’m an S-rank criminal, Hokori.”

“You and I both know what really happened. You just want peace.” His eyes narrowed and I smirked at him.

“I told you too much.”

I shrugged. “You’d probably have gone insane had you not.”

He sighed, hitting the back of his head against the headboard while I grabbed another dango stick. “….did you really mean everything you wrote in your letter?”

I looked up at him to find him staring down at my face. I frowned, pointing the empty dango stick at him. “That’s a stupid question, Weasel-chan. Of course I meant it.”

He simply blinked and I rolled my eyes. “Now, tell me something. Am I still you’re friend Itachi-chan?”

His eyes widened and I rose an eyebrow, waiting expectantly. After a moment he sighed.

“I told you that day, Hokori. You have been and always will be my friend.” I furrowed my eyebrows before realization and memories crashed upon me.

“Weasel-chan~!” I cooed, jumping into Itachi’s room via his window. Instantly he shot up, awake and brandishing a kunai. When he saw it was me he groaned and flopped back on his bed.

“Go home Hokori.” He ordered. I snickered, dropping the two bags of dango on his bedside table before flopping down on top of him. He let out a grunt, moving the covers from his face to glare at me.

I chuckled, crawling over him to stare into his eyes. “Wake up, Weasel-chan. Guess what day it is?!”

“What?” He grumbled, rolling over onto his side and causing me to topple off him onto the bed. I pursed my lips, crossing my arms behind my head as I laid between him and the wall.

“I said guess.”

“I don’t even know the date.” He sighed.

“June 26th.” I answered.

“The day after you came to Konoha?” He asked after a moment of thought. I grinned.

“You remembered!”

“I’ll always remember the day I saw some girl about to kill my classmates.” He replied tiredly. I smirked.

“Or maybe it’s because it was the first day you met your best friend~!” I expected him to simply grunt in reply. I expected him to deny it. I didn’t expect him to agree.