Dont.... Spill it

"Okay so I was thinking, there must be some reason for mother to put a spell on you. What would it be?" Rose said as we headed down into the basement where the position and spell room is.

"Well maybes it's just because she hates me full stop." I said glumly following Rose down the descending stairs.

"But why does she hate you?" Rose asked.

At that question my blood started to boil and my fists were clenched into tight balls. She knows why. Because I'm not dark. Because I'm different.

"You know why Rose. You were there when she screamed in my face saying I was a huge mistake and a waste of space on this earth. You were there when she beat me black and blue with everyone just sitting in the living room watching and not taking any action. She hates me because I'm not as perfect as Kayleigh, I'm not pretty, I'm not dark, I'm not good enough for anyone." I spat at her in an annoyed tone and I could see her step back as I stepped up.

"Wait. Look." She said pointing to the cupboard that was normally left lock.

It was half open. Mother and father never let us in that cupboard. They said it was for adults only. It was always kept locked, but now it is open.

I looked at Rose and she raised an eyebrow at me asking if we should do it. I just nodded in reply and we both walked over to the cupboard.

Rose hesitantly pulled open the cupboard to find a bunch of illegal potions and spell books. Yes of course dark magic is bad but this is even worse. This is as evil as a devil trying to take over heaven.

"Lacontre? Love potion? Darkener? What is mother up to?" Rose shivered.

"They are illegal." I whispered in shock. "Do you think.... That was what mother gave me?" I gulped.

"I have a feeling. But why a love potion?" Rose screwed up her face in disapproval.

"What? Wait. Since Gerard came here mother had been handing me and making me drinks. I thought that at first she was trying to be nice but no... Once a bitch always a bitch." I snarled in realisation.

"Wait. Gerard. You don't..." She gulped. " love... Him do you?" Rose asked shyly.

"I do feel differently to him than other people. I do really like him and the other day... Oh no... The other day he told me he likes me as well. Rose what is happening?" I asked in distress.

"No offence but I think your love for Gerard is fake. As for him making you... Do what you did... To Kieran, I think she has also used the Darkener. On the both of you. And lacontre. You know what that does don't you?" Rose grimaced.

"Yes, strengthens and lengthens the effects of a potion. Rose, I don't think I really love Gerard but this potion is making me have feelings towards him. The Darkener, well we can see the effects and also Gerard was acting strangely evil on that day... What do we do now?" I asked Rose piecing the evidence together like a jigsaw.

"First of all, don't accept any more drinks or food from mother father or even Kayleigh. I'll give you my pocket money and use your own as well to buy your own food and drink. I might also say that seeing Gerard may not be the wisest of ideas. I think he has the right to know but I'm not 100% sure as to how he will react. I'll tell mother you are staminate a friends house for a few nights to let you get out of the house. Go to your den or Frank's house, you will be safe there." Rose instructed and I simply nodded my head at my younger sister.

"Wait how did you know about my den?" I questioned.

"I followed you once and when you left in the morning I went in to check it out. You and Presnite are really creative... Uh oh... Ash?" Her eyes widened suddenly.

"What?"

"How did Presnite die?" She asked.

"I don't really know for sure. I was told she ran away at first but I have been suspecting she is dead. The whole family won't answer my calls or write back to me. What if the same thing happened to Presnite. She was a light witch. She helped me become light. What if mother killed her and her family to get me dark again? Rose?" I panicked.

"Woah woah. I saw mother pulling a big bag to the car a while back, it looked like it had blood on it." She said quietly.

"What why didn't you tell me?" I screeched.

"Because I didn't know for sure. Let's not jump to conclusions here Ash." She sighed and I could tell she was as stressed as me.

"Okay. I'm just gonna go now. I need some space. I'll see you around Rose." I said before flashing out and to my den where I could finally be alone to settle things out.