Hiding from the truth

"GET UP LAZY ASS!" Rosalie woke me up in a delightful way of screaming in my ear and flicking on he lights then taking away my covers.

"Arrrrrr Cullen you are such a pain." I snarled jokingly and pulled myself out of bed. I stretched out and my sister decided to tickle my belly while I stretched causing me to crunch up and giggle. "What was that for?" I smiled at her.

"For calling me Cullen, Keira." She smirked back.

"I'm gonna kill you when I get back from school." I threatened but even I know I am the least scariest person ever. Rose just looked at me weirdly and shook her head. "But now I need to get ready for school. So goodbye." I said and lingered into the bathroom to change.

Once I came out I went back to my room to collect my bag so I could get to school. Walked out the front door and I looked up at the dark house to see Rose in the bedroom window. I poked my fingers towards my eyes and then pointed at her and narrowed my eyes. In reply she just stuck her tongue out at me causing me to do the same back. I always have the last laugh.

Then I snapped back into reality.

I was walking towards the vampires' house as if nothin had happened. As I neared the house I saw Gerard looking out of his bedroom window. His eyes set on me and he smiled and I felt my heart flutter slightly. He backed away from the window and he appeared at the opened front door with Mikey just a few seconds later. They both grinned like maniacs towards me and I just smiled back and waved slightly but deep down I was kind of dreading seeing them again after what had happened last night.

"Hey Ash!" Mikey yelled from the front door and then turned to his brother and whispered something in his ear and Gerard's face lightened up a bit and Mikey grinned like crazy. "See you guys later." Mikey said and I was confused as to why. What is he up to?

"Hey." Gerard said as he approached me.

"Hi." I smiled back. "What's Mikey doing? Are we waiting up for him or..? " I asked and he just smiled. What is up with them today? Oh wait, they are vampires that fed from me and they probably know it was me, like they could sniff out my blood or something.

"Oh Mikey's going to school later on, he just needs to do something first so it will just be us walking today." Gerard smiled down at me and we both started to walk in the direction of school. "So about yesterday..." Gerard said.

Damn it. He knows it was me. Well of course he does. He is a vampire.

"Just forget about it Gerard." I sighed and looked down.

"I'm sorry, I just... Couldn't help myself." He said and grabbed me hand in his own icy grip. "And I'm sorry for what Mikey said as well. You shouldn't have heard that..." Gerard said awkwardly while scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

I looked up into his eyes and I could see that they were full of sorrow and lust. But his eyes were just the soft hazel colour that I loved. I seriously like him and I am scared that if Mikey didn't mean that Gerard liked me then I may be in a bit of trouble for liking him too much when he doesn't actually like me.

"Was it true... What Mikey said?" I asked almost shyly while staring into his eyes as he stared I to mine but somehow we were able to still keep walking forwards.

"Erm... Maybe.... Kind of... Yeah." He sighed and looked to the floor trying to hide a blush but I could still see it perfectly clear.

I felt my own cheeks turn red at the thought of Gerard actually liking me. Should I tell him? How would I tell him? Would I get my sister to say that I 'wanna bang him'? NO! I wouldn't dare tell my sister. She would tease me constantly with it.