House is not a home

I returned home that evening after walking Gerard and Mikey home. We had made plans to meet again tomorrow and walk to school together. I found out that I was seriously falling for Gerard. All lesson I couldn't stop staring at him and he always caught me staring. It was awkward when he did so I tried to look at the teacher and pretend to be deep in concentration and listening to the teacher but the truth was I wasn't. I was always thinking about Gerard. There was a few times that I felt as if I was being watched but I just thought it was my mind just spinning out of control. I mean, why would he stare at me? I'm not exactly much to look at. Dull brown hair. Shallow brown eyes. I'm not exactly skinny and I am seriously not interesting. Why would such a hot and mysterious boy like me?

I was lost in my thoughts and yet again I was snapped straight out of them.

"Ash!" My father shouted.

"Yes daddy?" I replied still slightly stunned.

"What? Have you not heard any of our conversation?" He spat annoyed.

I looked down at the dinner table and started to play with some of my food. That was basically a no and he knew it.

"Ash. Please pay more attention next time." My father said and I looked up feeling a little bit embarrassed for being caught while I was daydreaming.

"Sorry daddy. What was it you asked?" I asked shyly but still loud enough for him to hear.

"He said who were the two boys that you were talking to on the way home? Jesus Ash. Your dumber than you look." My older sister Kayleigh said. She was so right. I am pretty dumb. But it is part of my act. I looked dumb and all is well. Kayleigh is stunning. No one would ever think that she was my older sister. She had flowing dark brown hair and deep chocolate brown eyes. She was skinny unlike me and she was very interesting and intelligent. She was everything I want to be but yet everything cannot be. She chose to follow the family tradition as a dark witch. Everyone is positive they want to be dark witches but no, I am the runt of the pack as my mother likes to say, I want to be light.

"Gerard and Mikey Way. They are new here from New Jersey. I just showed them around today cos they live other the street and needed directions to school. They are great." I said the last part by accident. My younger sister Rosalie looked at me and wiggled her eyebrows while eating her food and I couldn't help but blush the tiniest bit.

"So are they mundanes or...?" My father asked while he scooped potatoes into his mouth one by one.

"I'm not quite sure. I think they are mundanes but they both have this unearthly touch to them. Their auras are different to the humans and they are just confusing me. The magic crystal wouldn't reveal what their dark side was so I presumes they are either bad ass mundanes or dark witches like us." I said mumbling on a little bit before I put some lamb into my mouth.

"You will have to find out then." My father said.

"Maybes they are vampires." Rosalie said making a spooky motion with her hand and saying "ooooooooooooo!"

"Seriously Rosalie? They don't exist and you know it." I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Hey don't roll your eyes at me Keira!" Rosalie whined and giggled.

We have our own nicknames for each other. Mine being Kiera. Because my sister and I like to watch a lot of Death Note (a real anime show...) she says that because I want to become 'light' she thinks I want to become Light Yagami but he is the murderer and goes by the name of Keira, somehow making me a killer called Keira. I call Rosalie, Cullen because if you type Rosalie into google by itself, there comes up a huge amount of rubbish about Rosalie Cullen from Twilight. THe best thing is that she can't stand Twilight and it annoys her every time I say it.

"I shall roll my eyes where ever I wish Cullen!" I almost scream but in a playful and jokingly way.

"Keep rolling those eyes Ash and they will roll straight out your head." My mother warned and pointed a fork towards me.

My more has always hated me and she probably always will. She is sickened at the sight of me and she doesn't bother hiding it. She just sits and scowls at me whenever I am in the same room as her. Most times I steer clear of her but I can't eat my dinner facing a wall can I? I would sure love though. It's better than seeing her ugly mug.

After I had finished my dinner I stood up and flicked my hand so the plate would take itself to the washing machine. I walked upstairs and straight to my room so that I didn't have to put up with any whining from Kayleigh and my mother and father for leaving so suddenly and not doing my chore of standing and turning on the washing machine.

I was just lying on my bed thinking about how much my family actually hate me and how much they would want me gone. This house was not really my home. A home is where you are wanted and where you want to be. I was so stressed out with loads of different emotions and thoughts that I decided to take a walk to my secret hide out. No one knows about it. No one even knows that I leave my room at night to spend time there. I feel as if my hide out is more of a home to me than my house that I am living in.

That's when I set off into the night out of my bedroom window with nothing but a single backpack with my song we are working on in music, my iPod, my phone, my IPad and my magic crystal. I think it is time to find a little bit more out about the Way's.