40 // ❀433 days before❀

A/N: okay this vid has NOTHING to do with this chapter i just thought this scene in The Flash was funny as fucckkk hahahah. i recommend you watch it and also to watch the entire show it's so good okay peace

"Check." I raise an eyebrow and move a piece.

"Stop it," Harry whines as he tries to escape my wrath.

"Check." I move another piece.

"Seriously, stop."

"Check."

"Let me win, lady!"

"Maybe you'll win if your moves didn't suck! Check." I move the Queen piece. This boy is so predictable. The plan I've been setting up from the start has been working great so far.

"You're mean."

"Checkmate." I smirk at Harry. He sits back in his plane seat in frustration.

"Well obviously you're going to win, you were on the fucking Varsity Chess team in High School. Which by the way, I think is extremely lame," Harry snaps and I gasp in mock disbelief.

"Well my lame varsity letter and I just beat your ass in under five minutes so fuck off," I snap back and throw him the middle finger.

"You got a varsity letter for chess?" Harry laughs.

"My school was small," I shrug. "They'll award you for literally anything."

He rolls his eyes and starts resetting the chess board because he obviously won't quit until he wins.

The crew and I are all waiting on the plane, getting ready to fly over to Dublin in just a few minutes. Ruth got stuck in a meeting so she's running late which is ironic because she snaps at us for being a tenth of a second late for any reason.

My phone beeps from my bag and I reach in to find it. As soon as I get a hold of it, I notice the little email icon notification on the lock screen with an email from an unknown sender.

"Back off, you piece of shit. Harry deserves to be with a drop dead gorgeous model like Elise, not you're ugly ass no-name. You should probably watch your back the next time you're in public. There are a lot of angry fans. :)"

My body instantly stills and I try my best to conceal my reaction.

The fuck? How did this person even get my email? Should I report this to the police or something? No. That would just cause way too many problems and would probably give Ruth a reason to end things with me and Harry.

I feel the hairs on the nape of my neck rise, and my eyes start to gloss over. Shit, it's starting to get really hot in this plane. I need water or fresh air or something to stop the cold sweat glistening over my forehead. I still stare at horror at my phone screen.

I don't even know how I should feel. Angry or sad? Distressed or calm?

"What's wrong?" Harry's voice takes me out of my psychotic trance.

"Nothing," I snap in a tone hoping to not elicit any suspicion from him.

It's fine, really. I mean, people get death threats and hate comments all the time right?

No, it's not fine. This is my first one and there's probably way more to come.

If I'm getting death threats now, just think about all the nasty things people are probably saying about me right now.

I usually don't care what people think of me but that usually applies to the annoying bitches at my old school who teased me daily. But considering that these are strangers and that there are most likely millions of them who think the same way of me, it doesn't fight how insecure I'm feeling..