22 // ❀579 days before❀

A/N: boring filler chapter

The past few days have been absolutely exhausting. I got my grade back for the calculus test I took last week and scored low enough for me to have to retake it.

I mean I could, like every other college student taking an online math course, cheat with a separate source of online answers, but I believe in bad karma.

My Freshman Composition professor sent me back my cultural analysis essay with a major level of notes and feedback so I spent almost all of yesterday revising it. Lucky for me, Graham was an English major before dropping out of college to create an empire with Aunt Amy, so he was able to help me out a little.

As much as I wanted to run around Paris with the crew, I didn't really have the time to. And quite frankly, I'm trying to subtly distance myself from Harry with the hopes of relinquishing any developed feelings. Which I'm definitely going to have to do before it grows more considering he's already taken.

I'm sitting in the common area, a laptop on my lap, and several empty water bottles sprawled across the coffee table in front of me. One by one, people come piling in with shopping bags in their hands.

"You've really missed out today, Ria," Amelia says as she stumbles through the door trying to take off her high heel boots. She slumps down on the couch next to me and starts to massage her feet.

"It seems like it," I say and look at the collection of shopping bags on the floor in front of us. "I've been busy with annoying college stuff." I wave my calculator in the air.

"You could always drop out-" Amelia starts to say but is cut off by Graham who was the last to walk in.

"That's terrible advice," he says and closes the door behind him.

"You didn't even let me finish! What I was going to say was; you could always drop out and get your cosmetology license, then come back and join us again on the road as a hairdresser." She raises her eyebrows up and down for effect.

"Harry already has a stylist," I say. She shrugs in defeat and gets up to leave, picking her bags up off the ground with her.

"Where's Harry?" I ask. Not that I care or anything.

"He and Bobby went to the airport to pick up Elise! They should be here soon though!" Amelia yells from the hallway.

And with that, the door bursts open and Harry, Elise, and Bobby walk in with Bobby carrying Elise's suitcase. It takes her two minutes to greet me and the other five people in the room before disappearing out onto the back deck with Harry to watch the sun go to sleep.