34 // ★456 days before★

[POSTED SONG: Come Away With Me by Norah Jones]

A/N: my longest chapter so far yikes

also i feel like this song is in every single early 2000's rom-com

📍Liverpool, England📍

I managed to get a few hours of sleep on the bus. By the time the late morning rolled around, we finally arrived at our hotel in Liverpool. My immediate instinct was to get another couple hours of proper sleep on a proper bed, but Graham insisted we all eat breakfast first.

Everyone was gathered around one table and I took the opportunity to give a little pep talk.

There's this big shot journalist coming to the show tonight and Ruth managed to convince the dude to attend because we need the good reviews on the tour. I decided to encourage everyone to work hard but to have fun as well.

I even told this really lame joke that I'd rather not repeat, even in my own thoughts, and nobody laughed except for Ria. Thanks, Daisy.

Later on, after the concert, I asked her if she really thought my joke was funny or if she was just trying to save me from embarrassment.

She said it was a stupid joke but when she realized nobody was laughing she helped soften the crowd. Then she admitted that we share a similar sense of humor and that was it for me. I'm in love.

I didn't share that same sense of humor with Elise. We would just chuckle at each other's jokes the entire time whether they were funny or not.

With Ria, there's this kind of unspoken humor between us. That's pretty important to me because I don't want to date someone who I can't laugh at and laugh with at the same time.

I'm walking around the stadium like I usually do with Amelia during sound check. We finally got to Liverpool a few hours ago and still have a few days here until our next city.

I'm really grateful I get to travel and explore all the cities we're visiting but maybe one day I'll take the time to travel on my own without any work or school in the way.

Amelia was babbling on about this korean drama show she just started watching and I nodded a few times to show that I was listening.

"Ria! Wait up!" I hear Graham yell. Amelia and I turn around and see Graham awkwardly jog to where we were standing in the middle of the foyer.

"Hey, G, what's up?" I ask.

"I'm temporarily giving you the official title of tour manager right now because I'm about to leave. So you're in charge," he says and drops down to his knees and bows down in a cheesy manner before handing me his iPad and binder.

"What? Why?"

"I'm going out with Amy. And then I'm dropping her off at the airport because she has a flight back to New York." He smiles and Aunt Amy sneaks up behind him and hooks her arm around his torso.

Graham is a very tall man and Aunt Amy isn't tall or a man so they make for a pretty height challenged couple.

"Gross," I mutter under my breath and hear Amelia lowly chuckle next to me. Every time I see them together, I'm reminded of how they used to be when I was younger and I always thought their love was the most disgusting thing in the world.

"Anyways, I'll be back in a few hours. Just make sure the place doesn't burn to the ground, all right?" I nod. I really hope that isn't foreshadowing though.