XVII.

¤Van

I haven't seen Jareece in a week or so. We decided to keep our distance; in case Grace sees us together and flys off the handle again, but it's New Years tonight so we're celebrating. Celebrating the life of loved ones lost, and us coming together as a family.

We're having a late barbecue at Zeeks, just us, the kids, Ace, his kids and their mother, Zeek, Grip and his cousin, Mayva, and Jareece's friend Envy.

Security will be working this little get together, just to be safe.

Apparently, Grace went nuts on another boyfriend she had; the guy had to move away. So the hunt for her is serious. Once her father saw his gun was missing, he went to the police; in hopes to find her quick, and get her some help.

I have been praying her baby isn't mine, you know... apple don't fall far from the tree. I just want shit back to normal. I'm only 23 this hiding and dying stuff shouldn't be my life.

.

.

"She's all signed up" Jareece cheeses through the phone.

"So I had everything?".

After we found Tina's dad (thanks to police records), he wanted nothing to do with her... or Olivia. He disowned her for being a stripper, an on the side escort, and a drug addiction. He was hurt when I told him what happened, but he held it back.

He wanted nothing she left behind in her apartment, so it all came to me. I found old pictures of us, pictures of Olivia, and letters she wrote to her father but didn't mail. She had a lot of material memories. I guess Tina tried to get clean a few times, but she screwed up so many relationships; no one wanted to give her a chance. I'm sending all the letters to her dad with some pictures of his granddaughter, and keeping everything else for Olivia to have when she's older

Anyway, I found Olivia's birth records, and got Jareece to sign her up for daycare with Jaleo.

Yes, we're moving fast. If there's one thing Reece and I have in common, it's not to dwell in the past.

.

"They just need you to come in and sign a few things, then you're all set".

"Thank you".

"No need. Listen, I'm going to get everyone ready; then I will see your handsome face later".

She hung up, and I got Liv and myself ready.

I sat Olivia at the kitchen island, and slid the hair basket Jareece bought, closer. I've never done Olivia's hair before, so this will be a mess.

.

An hour later, of playing in her hair; I finally get a decent ponytail, it even has a bow.

And with that finished, we can leave.

.

.

.

"I melt every time, I see this precious little Van face" Stella, (Ace's kids mother) cooed, pinching Olivia's cheeks.

"Hey Stell" I hug her.

"Hi hunny, I'm so sorry. How are you?" she hugged me tight.

"I'm good, got Liv enrolled in daycare".

Stell gleamed at Olivia, leading her to where the kids were all playing "oh my goodness, daycare? You're gonna meet so many new friends".

.