X.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Jareece, happy birthday to you.

                     ...................

The kids, and Nana, all woke me up this morning. They jumped on my bed, throwing confetti and blowing those ugly paper horns that roll in and out.

.

It's been two weeks since the game, and Nana isn't getting any better; we're just trying to keep her spirts up. I stay home from school now, to watch her. Aunt Sally didn't want me to, but who cares; she can take her opinion elsewhere.

After I took the kids to school, I came right back home to Nana. She sleeps a lot more, and she hasn't talked to me in a few days.

We have doctors on call, and Teanndra will watch the kids if something comes up.

.

"I'm going to shower real quick Nana, if you need me; call" I wave my phone around. I always keep a house phone in Nana's reach, my number is speed dial #1.

.

I take the fastest shower of my life, and pick an outfit out in no time; my cream long sleeve off the shoulder top, cream high waist jeans to match, and my hair is wet on my clean face; everything Nana likes on me. Simple.

.

I sit at the table, doing my school work. Time flys when you're home, it's noon already.

Beep, beep

Text from

Best friend: Happy Birthday Reece cup.

Me: Screw the happy birthdays, what did you get me?

Best friend: Regular people say thank you.

Me: Boy, you know I ain't regular. What you get me??

Best friend: Say thank you first.

Me: Thank you, Its so nice of you to remember my birth date. Of all the dates, you remember my birth.

Best friend: You are very welcome. Come outside.

.

I waste no time getting up from the table.

In the past two weeks, I've been acting like I never tongued Van down. I honestly forgot it happened, till Mayva asks me about mine and Van's situation. 

I open the front door, to see Van standing by his car.

"Are you the surprise?" I joke, like I'm disappointed.

"What, you don't like it?" he laughs, coming to hug me.

"Well no. I can't return you for something better if I decided I don't like you" I sit on the step, rubbing my cold shoulders.

"Ouch Jareece" he held his chest, "brat".

"I'm not a brat. I'm spoiled" I smirk.

I'm glad he's here, I get lonely sitting alone all day.

"At least you wear it well. How's Nana doing?" he sat closer, to warm me.

Van has been teaching Nai football techniques, so he's here often, and worrying about Nana as much as me.

"Nana is... okay. She hasn't talked to me in days" I sigh.

In addition to Teann, Mayv, and Ian, Van is a good support; he always skips over me, and trys to cheer Nana up, knowing it cheers me up.