III.

I smoke, I drink, I do my thing, I'm living in my own world, and if they hate I let them. Who gives a fuck?

I chill back and I spread peace and love.

..............

¤Mayva

I grin uncontrollably as my handsome man walks up and wraps his hands around my waist.

"Hi baby" I peck his lips. I'm not a huge fan of pda, so we weren't hugged up for long.

"I wish you would kiss me foreal May" he sucked his teeth.

I pull him to the seating area across from Footlocker in the mall, where he works.

"Hey. I came to see you on your break, don't make me regret it".

He better get use to pecks, cause that's all he's getting for the rest of the day.

"I'm sorry baby, thank you for cutting class to see little ole me" he chuckled.

I must have snagged the cutest boyfriend in the city, with his perfect smile, beautiful light skin and all that hair.

"So Reece is coming to the party with me, you better have everything in place" I poke.

She won't know what hit her Friday.

"It will be May. You sure you want to do this though? She's your friend, you know how she'll react".

My dear sweet Princeton, always undermining me.

"Once I get her high, drunk, whatever one comes first, she won't want to say no. Just do your part, ok" I grab his face, staring into his eyes. He nods, leaning in for a peck.

.

"Better watch out" Kelsey stood over us, with a malicious smirk swiped across her lips. "If you're still friends with little girl Reece, she'll have your Prince next".

Princeton hopped from his seat, ready to slap her. He isn't one to put his hands on a chick, but Kelsey really gets under his skin; mine too.

"Prince!" I pulled him back down. I rolled my sleeves up, "he may not be able to touch you, but honey I sure can".

I hualed back to deck her, but Princeton caught my arm. "Let her go Mayva. Karmas a bitch".

I fixed myself, calming my breath. "You are absolutely right" I look to him, then back to her. "You have a nice day Kelsey" I smile.

She snarled and walked away. If Prince wasn't here, she'd be leaving with a broken nose.

"Baby, I gotta get back to work" he kissed me.

"Remember the stuff!" I remind, as he shuffles back into the Footlocker store.

.

I get back to school and attend my forth period class, vocals.

"Late again Mayva. How about you start us off" Ms. Chi gestured everyone to rise.

"Start us off in what?" I look around, confused. There's no title on the board and no one has sheet music.

"Pick a song Mayva, and sing".

I roll my eyes at her attitude. If she wants a song, I'll give her one.

My minds telling me no... But my body, my body's telling me yes. Baby.

I don't wanna hurt nobody, but there is something that I must confess.

The class helped by counting me in with a hum.

I don't see nothing wrong.

Wrong (a few guys in the back harmonized).