Chapter 195

A/N What does it say about me that I'm literally at Disney world (welp, leaving Disney World now) but Thursday's episode of Supernatural was legit the highlight of my week?

Castiel and Dean sit down in front of the castle, a ways away so they can see the whole thing. There's still an hour until the fireworks start, but they're far from the only people already waiting. That doesn't make it any less boring, though.

As more people squeeze in, Castiel tries to make himself smaller. He's not usually a claustrophobic person, but this is a bit too close for comfort. He's not sure if Dean figures it out or if he's just being him, but he puts an arm around his boyfriend's shoulders, which is comforting. Castiel rests his head on Dean's shoulder, using him as a pillow. Maybe he'll take a nap while they're waiting.

"Are you regretting getting here early yet?" Dean asks.

"I can't answer that until I know how cool the fireworks are," Castiel replies. "But for now, I'm bored."

"What, I'm not entertaining enough for you?" Dean asks as if he's offended.

"No, you're really not," Castiel replies. "I want to do stuff but like I also don't want to do stuff because I want to stay here."

"Solution," Dean says. "You stay here and save out spots, I'll go grab some pretzels, and then we can eat while we wait. Deal?"

"Deal," Castiel agrees.

Dean squeezes his way through the ever growing crowd, leaving Castiel alone. He ducks his head, trying not to draw any attention to himself, and pulls out his phone to scroll through Twitter while he waits. A lot of tweets he's been mentioned in are about Lucifer, which is the opposite of how it usually is. Lucifer usually has to put up with people mentioning him in tweets about Castiel. Now he feels his brother's pain.

Castiel didn't realize the full scope of how much this sucked until now, experiencing it for himself. If it had been nice things, that would be fine, but so many of his mentions are people calling Lucifer a pedophile. He understands their reasoning — Lucifer is 28 and Claire is only 20, which probably looks really bad. If they actually knew the two, they'd forget the age difference existed at all. Castiel definitely did.

He's too busy scrolling through Twitter that he doesn't notice Dean come back until he tosses a large soft pretzel in his lap.

Castiel offers him a small smile. "Thanks."

"You look sad," Dean observes, sitting down next to him. "You can't be sad. We're at Disney! Plus, you've got a pretzel. Nothing tops that."

All Castiel says is, "I should've stayed off Twitter."

He hands his phone to Dean so he can scroll through the tweets. He reads a few, then hands the phone back and pulls out his own phone. Castiel can see he's on Twitter, but he doesn't know why until he gets the notification that Dean tweeted.

"If you could all stop bitching about Lucifer and Claire, that would be great. Their relationship is consensual, legal, and therefore none of anyone's business."

Castiel likes the tweet and retweets it himself with, "And if your idea of a good time is complaining about people being happy, I feel sorry for you."

"Alright, done with that," Dean says, putting his phone back in his pocket. "We're going technology free for the rest of the night, how about that?"

Castiel shrugs. "Fine by me." He puts his phone away as well, then starts eating his pretzel in silence.

It's a few minutes later that they finish eating and start talking again, when Dean says, "So, how are you liking Disney so far?"