Chapter 156

Castiel posts a picture on his fan Instagram account later that day, so the entire fandom can see Dean's excitement over "his" Grammy. He captions it as, "Throwback to when Dean Winchester won a Grammy in 2000never." It's a boring caption, but it's better than none. He tags his boyfriend as well, so people can check out his account.

He heads over to Twitter to link the post, mostly because he wants to see if anyone is going to point out how Dean has to be in Massachusetts by the end of the week, and coming to New York for these three days was fairly stupid, and also partially because he feels bad because he never posts anything positive on Twitter anymore.

It's on Twitter where he sees that Mike Pence just announced that he's running for the republican presidential nomination. There's nearly eighteen months until the election, but he's not the first to announce he's running — Castiel is vaguely aware that Elizabeth Warren declared her bid for the democratic presidential nomination about a week ago.

It's no surprise that it's Samandriel who tweeted this. He seems to have become much more politically involved since starting college a couple years ago. He definitely isn't happy about Pence running, but that's probably the common reaction. Castiel has to admit, Donald Trump's "joke" about Pence wanting to hang all the gays has him a bit worried about his future if the guy wins.

Castiel has been trying to stay out of the political world online, which he knows pisses some people off, but they'd be upset if he did talk politics, too, so it doesn't really matter too much. By his usual logic, he would ignore a tweet like this, but he decides to reply, just because it's Samandriel.

All he says is, "The GOP is setting themselves up for failure. Again." They really haven't been on their A game lately. Their nominations typically suck, but they've been exceptionally bad since Donald Trump ran.

Castiel searches up specific names of people who he knows like to pick on him, going through the usual offenders' recent tweets for something to respond to. He starts off with Bart Baker, the man who makes stupid YouTube parodies of all of his songs and music videos, pretending to be Castiel but turning the homosexual up to a thousand.

Sure enough, the most recent tweet is, "Almost done with @CastielNovak's Fallen Angel parody video. Expect it tomorrow."

Castiel quickly types out a response of, "Awesome! Can you make this one good? I know it's going to be hard with your track record, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then." He's actually starting to enjoy this. Being an asshole is surprisingly freeing.

He scrolls back to when he released the song, and soon after the video was posted, Bart tweeted, "I don't quite know how to make Fallen Angel gay."

Castiel replies to that with, "Just do what you always do. Write some bullshit lyrics and hope the overuse of rainbows makes up for it."

He moves on to finding another tweet about him. Fortunately, it ends up being the last one. He's sure there was some remark when Castiel cryptically hinted at a new song, but he doesn't want to go back that far, so he stops there. Two is enough.

He can't help but wonder how many people will see his tweets and look up Bart Baker's parodies. Enough to make him a good deal of money, probably. Really, Castiel is doing him a favor. Free publicity isn't easy to find.

Next is Bela Talbot. He starts with the most recent tweets, not starting any battles over tweets not directed towards him. That's the little bit of dignity he's not going to lose. He does find one new one, this one from yesterday, the day after his song came out and he went all-out douche.