Chapter 122

"Cas," Dean whines that afternoon. "Get off your phone."

"I can't," Castiel replies. "I'm chatting with people on Instagram."

"Fans?" Dean guesses.

"Stans," Castiel replies. "I think having almost a thousand followers on a fan page earns you the title of stan, not just fan."

"Do they know it's you?" Dean asks.

"Nope," Castiel replies. "We're talking about what's up with basically everything I do, and if they knew it was me, they wouldn't say anything negative."

"You're like an undercover agent," Dean jokes.

He sits down next to Castiel to watch his spy movie life, so he scrolls to the top to show Dean the whole conversation.

It was the other account that initiated the conversation by saying, "Thanks for the spam!"

Castiel had replied, "NP. Thanks for having an awesome account that I could spam."

"Awww, thank you! My name's Jenna, btw."

"Nice to meet ya, Jenna. I'm Cassius."

"Who the fuck is Cassius?" Dean asks him.

"The guy from Julius Caesar who started the whole conspiracy to kill him," Castiel replies.

"Why would you think of Julius Caesar when you're giving a fake name?" Dean asks, dumbfounded that he's that much of a nerd.

"Because Shakespeare, Dean. Shakespeare."

Dean chuckles. "My god, you're weird."

"I know," Castiel replies proudly.

They turn their attention back to Instagram, where Jenna said, "Ooh, cool name!"

"I get that a lot lol. How long have you been a fan of Castiel?" It was weird to refer to himself in third person like that, but it's for a good cause. His desire to snoop around is a good cause, right?

"Five years and counting! Not quite from the beginning, but pretty close. How about you?"

That one was harder to answer. He's never actually been his own fan, but he might as well fake it. He decided to go with around the time Taylor Swift really became his friend.

"About four years now."

"Did Taylor Swift bring you to him?"

That one had surprised him, because it doesn't seem too transparent when he chose four years, but he decided to roll with it.

"Yeah, and thank god she did lol."

"XD."

Not wanting the conversation to end, he asked, "What's your favorite one of his songs?"

"Do unreleased songs count?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm sue I've heard 'em all anyway xD." Emphasis on "sure," because he knows this for a fact. Hell, he's the one that wrote them.

"I found a video of his performance in Sioux Falls last year when he just walked off, which sucked because that song was soooo gooood! You could really tell he was singing it from the heart, too, and it was just awesome omg. Have you seen it?"