Chapter 95

Castiel walks into the kitchen the next morning to find Michael and Samandriel fighting again. Big surprise.

"I'm 21 years old," he tells them. "Beauty sleep isn't optional."

"Sorry," they both mutter.

"Where's everyone else go?" Castiel asks, looking around at the otherwise empty room.

"No clue," Samandriel replies with a shrug, which is all the comformation he needs that they got sick of the arguing and left. "Anyway, since you're here, can you tell Michael how —"

"No," Michael interrupts. "Don't let him pick between us. Take a stance on the issue instead."

Samandriel rolls his eyes. "Fine. Thoughts on feminism?"

Castiel looks around desperately for an escape, finally just saying, "Yeah, I gotta go..."

"In a minute," Michael says. "Just answer the question."

"It wasn't technically a question," Samandriel tells him. "It —"

"Shut up," Michael snaps.

Castiel raises an eyebrow. He's still not used to this side of Michael. It's kind of scary.

"Feminism, go," Michael adds.

Castiel sighs. "If I answer, will you just use my points as food for thought and fight it out together once I leave?"

"Sure," Samandriel replies.

"Fine. I don't call myself a feminist."

Michael smirks. "See?"

"But I do think the genders aren't equal in society," Castiel continues.

"See?" Samandriel mocks him.

"Explain," Michael says.

"I don't necessarily think women have it worse than men," Castiel clarifies. "I think that's just all people are focusing on is things that make women seem inferior in society, and ignore the double standard they're creating by trying to fix their idea of a double standard."

"So you're saying men have it worse?" Samandriel and Michael surmise at the same time, neither of them believing it.

"No, not at all," Castiel backtracks quickly. "I think there are pros and cons to being a man and a woman, and it kinda evens out."

"Right, because the wage gap —" Samandriel begins, but Michael interrupts.

"Is utter bullshit."

"Yeah, I don't have a position on that," Castiel tells them. "People can't agree on the facts, and it's really not an opinion question."

"Then how about how many more women get raped than men?" Samandriel challenges.

"That's actually not true," Castiel replies. "Statistically speaking, it's about even. People just don't know it because the rape guidelines were and might still be really sexist. I don't remember the exact details, but basically, it was and may still be about penetration. One of the women's rights activists that set those standards and stuff legitimately said that if a guy woke up with a girl on him, it wouldn't be rape, just unexpected physical contact. Obviously, that kept a lot of male rape victims out of the count.

"Plus, there's the whole social stigma against male rape victims. I remember there was some boy who was raped and it was a whole big thing and a lot of people were saying he should have enjoyed it. So, basically, that was a bad argument, but left wing media won't tell you that."

"Wait, that's..." Samandriel looks over at Michael. "Did you know all that?"

"Most of it, yeah," he replies.