Chapter 131

A/N I just want it to be known that I was finishing that chapter as I was walking to gym because otherwise I'd have to wait another two-ish hours to publish it and I almost walked into the JROTC thingy booth which is some marine thing and that was the most stressful moment of my day 'kay have an update bai

Castiel isn't surprised to see that his Instagram is full of pictures of him at the airport and screenshots of him in Lucifer's video. He genuinely enjoys the captions, per usual. The ones of him in California are to be expected.

"NEW ALBUM PRACTICALLY CONFIRMED."

"HE'S IN LA ASDISNDSJABSB."

"How long 'til the first single? Two weeks? Three months? How do these things work? Ugh I want it nowwwwww."

"He must be hearing us complain because he just suddenly appeared in the public eye again."

"LOOK HE'S TALKING TO A LITTLE GIRL AND IT'S ADORABLEEEEE!"

"HE'S FINALLY BACK! MY CASTIEL WITHDRAWAL HAS COME TO AN END!"

"I can't wait for the new albummmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He likes the responses to the video more, though, because unlike a few snapshots of him walking through an airport, there's something here to actually talk about.

"If Castiel doesn't go into acting..."

"GUYS WATCH THE VIDEO OH MY GAWDDDD CASTIEL KILLED IT!"

"I never thought I'd say this, but Castiel is Satan. Castiel is 100% the best Satan there is."

"SPOILERS: I love how you've got Lucifer as the serious Satan and Castiel as the goofy Satan when if one of them is more serious than the other, it's definitely Castiel."

"He who hesitates *snaps* disintegrates."

"THIS IS AN ACTUAL WORK OF ART I NEVER KNEW I NEEDED A CASTIEL SATAN IN MY LIFE."

"Can we call Castiel's Lucifer Casifer because that's the best name I've ever heard."

"Heaven must be missing an angel. Missing one angel child."

"CASTIEL'S AWKWARD DANCING OH MY GAWDDDD!"

"I'm deceased."

"UM WHAT WHEN DID CASTIEL BECOME AN ACTUAL ACTOR AND WHERE IS HIS OSCAR?!"

"Is anyone gonna mention how hot bad boy Castiel is?"

"I feel like his voice was less gravelly and deep and not Castiel? But it was still super hot? Like I don't know?"

"Rn all I need in life is Castiel and Taylor dancing together at an awards show please I'm begging you Castiel who will never see this please."

Castiel chuckles to himself. He's glad people seem to have enjoyed this as much as him. He lost count of the number of people asking for a behind-the-scenes video, and really, he'd be surprised if Lucifer doesn't have enough footage for one.

He texts Lucifer about it, not necessarily asking him to do it because he knows it's a lot of work, but mentioning the possibility. It's almost immediately that it's marked as read, but he doesn't get a response until about five minutes later.

Lucifer: Eh... I can try? It'll probably be mostly bloopers tho

Castiel: Whatever works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lucifer: Did you just happen to have that copied on your phone?

Castiel: What, doesn't everybody?

He doesn't feel compelled to explain that it's because he put it in one of the captions of his fan account's posts, partially because it'll sound weird that he used it on Instagram but mostly because Lucifer doesn't know about the account because if he did, he'd want to follow it back, and people would be suspicious. They'd probably assume it's Lucifer's account, not Castiel's, but he's just supposed to be like any other account with just over 100 followers, and people thinking he's Lucifer wouldn't help.

Lucifer: ... no? But then again I'm the weirdest person I know so how would I know?

Lucifer: Gtg baiiiiii!

Castiel clicks off his phone and sets it on the bedside table before lying down and closing his eyes. It's been a long day, and right now, all he wants to do is sleep, even if it is barely ten o'clock. Beauty sleep isn't optional.