Chapter 46

"Mikey!" Lucifer squeals, jumping up to give him a hug. "It was so lonely without you! Never leave me again!"

"Sorry?" Michael replies uncertainly. "I was just in my room. It's not like I went to Zimbabwe."

"Zimbabwe? Where's that?" Lucifer asks, pulling away from his brother.
"It's..." Michael sighs and shakes his head to himself. "Never mind. I was told you were dying of boredom out here, so I'm here."

"It's a miracle!"

Castiel just rolls his eyes at his brother and joins Dean on the floor. He rests his head on Dean's shoulder, and Dean puts an arm around him.

"What took so long?" Dean asks curiously.

"Michael's actually going to be a politician. I just know it," Castiel says by way of answer.

"President or no?" Dean asks.

"Probably not. I don't really see him as the type to live in the spotlight that much."

"Ah, too bad," Dean replies. "I'd love to see a president Novak."

"People would probably think it's a joke, having Castiel Novak's brother run for president, though."

"Until they realize that he'd be a great president and —"

"Why does everyone keep saying I'm going to be president?" Michael asks, exasperated.

"Because you are," Dean replies simply.

"No, I'm not."

"You will be," Samandriel agrees.

"Who would I even run with?" he challenges. "I stand for everything politicians hate, and I don't any friends."

"You have me!" Lucifer says excitedly.

"I'd rather run with a dog as my Vice President," Michael tells him.

"But —"

"You have no place in any type of government office."

"He's right," Samandriel agrees.

"I don't know. I think we'd all love our mandatory Bee Movie lessons in class," Adam jokes.

"The Vice President can't..." Michael sighs and shakes his head to himself.

"But the president can, and you'd do that for me, wouldn't you?" Lucifer asks with his best puppy dog eyes.

"No. Never."

"Fine. Be like that," Lucifer pouts.

"I nominate myself to run as your Vice President," Adam announces proudly.

"But then we have to wait another term or two for president Novak!" Lucifer whines. "I'm a much better choice for VP!"

"I think we can all agree that I would be his Vice President," Castiel says.

"But you don't have time to president," Lucifer reminds him. "I have nothing but time to president. Obviously, I should be Vice President."

"How about you and Adam run for president, and Castiel can continue being a famous singer, and we just leave it at that?" Michael suggests.

"No!" the three of them yell (but quietly, because Sam and Gabriel are still sleeping. They yell quietly. That's a thing now.)

"I refused let anyone else steal my thunder as Vice President!" Lucifer pouts.

"I want to have an official title without all the paperwork as president," Adam adds.

"I'm bored with being me, so I'll take the job as president and they can fight out who's Vice President," Castiel adds.

"How about no one goes into politics, then?" Samandriel suggests. "That way, everyone's miserable."

The three of them share a look and shrug, saying some form of "Yeah, that works."

"Except Michael and Samandriel win, so I say they run together so everyone loses but me," Dean decides.

Samandriel puts his head in his hands in exasperation. "Not helping, Dean."

"I wasn't trying to," Dean replies.

"Hey, Samandriel, you sound upset. You know what you need?" Adam asks.

Samandriel looks up. "What?"

"You need to add some protein."

Samandriel throws his hands up and walks out of the room. "I'm out! I quit!"

Adam puts a finger to his lips, signaling for everyone else to be quiet as he follows Samandriel silently. There are a lot of confused looks until they all hear Samandriel yell, "Dammit, Adam, stop being such a Jack!"

Gabriel groans in protest to the noise before sitting up slowly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "You guys are loud," he mutters.

"Sorry," they all say in unison.

"How is Sam still asleep?" Gabriel asks groggily. "I swear, it's like you were using microphones."

"Here, I'll wake him up," Dean announces, whipping out his phone. Everyone sits around in a puzzled silence until...

"It was the heat of the moment!"

Sam's eyes fly open immediately. He sends his brother a glare as he sits up.

"Rise and shine, Sammy!"

"Seriously, Dean?"

"Yep," he replies with a grin.

Sam sighs. "I hate you," he mutters.

"You love me!"

"Um, no, he loves me," Gabriel says defensively. "Don't go stealing my love."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Dean says sarcastically.

"You guys are weird," Samandriel observes.

"Mostly Gabriel, though," Dean adds.

"Hey! Actually, yeah, that's fair," he agrees.

No one speaks for a moment, so Lucifer breaks the silence before it gets awkward.

"Hey, Castiel, what songs are you playing on tour?"

Castiel shrugs. "Not sure yet. I haven't really started putting the tour together yet."

"Shouldn't someone else put it together for you?" Claire asks.

"In theory, yes, but I hate how they do it, so I pick the songs and mini speeches and blocking and stuff," he explains.

"Overachiever much?" she teases.
He shrugs. "Always have been, always will be."