Chapter 105

A/N I apologize for all the Twitter activity in this book because I'm sure it'll eventually get boring if it hasn't already but Castiel's life is basically about his reputation (whaddup Taylor Swift referenceeee!) and Twitter is a big part of that, so...

"Gasp, you're not on Twitter. What a game changer," Dean deadpans.

Castiel chuckles. "I know, but, like, this is a really good book."

"I doubt that," Dean replies.

He bounces on the bed with his boyfriend, trying to catch a glimpse of what the book is. Castiel closes it, keeping his spot by sticking his thumb inside.

"Nope. No spoilers. You wanna know what it's about, you gotta start from the beginning," Castiel tells him.

"Well, obviously, it's about..." Dean looks at the cover, trying to piece together the illustration, book name, and series name. "It's about these clockwork princesses that are very infernal."

Castiel chuckles. "Sure, Dean. Let's go with that."

"What even is a clockwork princess? And what the hell does infernal mean?"

"Are you sure you graduated high school?" Castiel asks teasingly.

"You don't know, do you?" Dean asks with a satisfied smirk.

"I do too! I just don't know how you don't know!"

"You're totally fibbing," Dean says confidently. "You have no idea."

Because Castiel likes to be a genius, he replies, "It's called Clockwork Princess because the first book was Clockwork Angel, about a clockwork angel necklace. Honestly, I don't know what more you're expecting from that. And infernal is basically anything Hell related. So, like, 'never travel into the infernal crevices of Lucifer's room' or something like that. So again I ask, are you sure you graduated high school?"

"Know-it-all," Dean pouts.

"I wasn't the school nerd for nothing," Castiel replies.

"Okay, but, like, that didn't even last two years, so..."

"You never went to my middle school," Castiel reminds him, then clarifies, "Well, not in my grade."

"Oh, touché," Dean allows. "But I'd say your nerdom payed off very well."

"Well, it did get me to where I am today," Castiel replies. It's not quite agreement, though; he's still not entirely sure he wants to be where he is today.

"Exactly. And let's be real; you are rocking the superstar life," Dean tells him.

"Definitely," Castiel replies with a flirtatious smile. "Because only superstar can find boyfriends as amazing as you."

"You're adorable," Dean tells him.

"Not as adorable as you," Castiel replies.

Dean leans towards him, then says, "Okay, you gotta put the book down because I can't kiss you with a giant hardcover book in your lap."

"Anything for a kiss from you."

~~

Castiel sighs. "My Twitter isn't exclusive to fans anymore," Castiel says, showing Dean his phone.

"Are you glad Castiel Novak (@mishacollins) is back on Twitter?"

Yes: 76%

No: 24%

Dean frowns and hands the phone back. "At least most people still like you," he says reassuringly. "Although I have to question your decision to choose no."

"I wanted to see the results, and I figured I'd answer it honestly," Castiel replies with a shrug. "There are enough votes that it doesn't matter, anyway."

"Okay, but you should have said yes," Dean tells him. "Just saying. You should probably pretend you weren't forced into it."

"Nah, I'm good," Castiel replies, then continues to scroll through tweets with his first name in them.

"Castiel Novak is back to taint the good name of Twitter."

"SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME CASTIEL IS DROPPING AN ALBUM SOON!"

"Castiel Novak used to tweet more than Donald Trump. Wth happened to him?"

Castiel can't help but chuckle at that. He's not sure if it's supposed to be a rude remark, but it's definitely a funny one, at least to him.

"Castiel Novak must be working on something. He's basically been MIA on Twitter."

Working on doing nothing? Sure.

"I miss the old Castiel Novak. Not just his music but him as a person."

Castiel frowns. He gets that way too much. He kind of wants to pull a 2017 Taylor Swift "the old me is dead" thing, but no one does that like Taylor, and he's not really looking for a dark phase, so he won't go there.

"Is Castiel Novak done with the Harriel lines? :("

"Missing Castiel and Taylor's friendship. Caslor forever."

"Castiel Novak should stop. Just, like, stop everything."

"Only thing that convinces me to get up every day is the hope for a new Castiel Novak album @mishacollins."

"Castiel Novak's lack of tweeting is starting to scare me."

"I told you!" Dean says proudly.

Castiel gives him a puzzled look. "When'd you start reading over my shoulder and what did you tell me?"

"A while ago and that people would question your lack of tweeting. I swear that's what half of these tweets are, but that person said it best, and I just had to point it out. Carry on."

"My wayward son," Castiel finishes, returning his gaze to his phone.

Dean chuckles. "Never change, Cas. Never change."

"It's Castiel's first birthday!" Attached is a few pictures of a little baby, presumably named Castiel, in a cliché birthday hat. Castiel gives the tweet a like, which has become a rarity these last few days, for the cuteness factor.

"Still waiting for Castiel Novak to drop an albummm."

"Still waiting for Castiel Novak to drop dead."

Castiel screenshots these tweets, much to Dean's confusion, and crops out the tweeter's name for privacy reasons. He tweets out the two pictures with the words, "There are two types of people."

Dean chuckles. "You're handling hate a lot better than you used to," he observes. "Good on you."

Castiel gives him a small smile, but he knows it's not true. He's really not handling it any better at all; he's just handling it differently. He's tried asking for people to stop, but he should have known that would only make things worse. So instead, he'll just play it off like a big joke, and maybe no one will notice how it's breaking him inside.