Chapter 103

A/N THE END OF THAT MUSIC VIDEO THOUGH! OH MY FUDGING CHUCKKKKKK YASSSSS TAYLOR!!!!

Two weeks. Two weeks of spending days with his family and nights with Dean. Two weeks of ignorance about what crap the media was spreading about him. Two weeks of living in the moment, not in his screen.

But two weeks only lasts so long.

Castiel lets out a long breath. Well, this is it. Goodbye freedom, hello shackles of the Internet.

"What're you gonna call your new account?" Lucifer asks.

"I don't know yet," Castiel replies, staring blankly at his computer. Any name related to him is already taken, and that's something he just doesn't want, on principle. He wants something new, something original that no one can lay claim on. But what?

"Misha," Dean says. "Callin' it. Something Misha related."

Castiel looks over at him, then nods in agreement. "Definitely something Misha related."

Unfortunately, @Misha and @MishaNovak are already taken, and he begins to lose hope that he'll find a Misha name either. Unless...

"'Misha callin' it..." he repeats under his breath. Will this one work?

"What?" Lucifer and Dean ask simultaneously.

"Yes!" Castiel says excitedly. "Finally!"

"What'd you pick?" they both ask.

"@MishaCollins."

"What? Why?" Dean asks. "That doesn't even make sense."

"I like it," Lucifer says. "I don't get it, but I like it anyway. So, can I retweet something of yours so people know of your existence?"

"Not 'til I get set up," Castiel replies.

He searches Google Images for a picture of himself, finally choosing a picture of him looking oddly serious in his awesome trench coat. It'd just his profile, but it's oddly recognizable as him.

Bio time...

"Singer, songwriter, baker, candlestick maker."

Ah, good enough. Now, where does he live? Oh, this is obvious.

moron, mongolia

His first tweet, which is also his pinned tweet, says simply, "I'm back, baby!"

He quickly goes through the people he should follow. There are a lot of celebrities that he used to follow that he knows he should follow again, but part of him just doesn't want to. After a few moments of hesitation, he follows his high school friends, his family, Amelia the vet whom he's been chatting with for a while, and Jody Mills, and calls it quits there.

"Alright, I'll give you something to retweet," Castiel tells his brother.

He takes a look at Lucifer's Twitter, but there's nothing interesting to comment on, so instead, he just tweets, "@YourFavSatan I hate you."

"Done."

It's not much later that he sees a notification. He opens it before he gets another flood of them, assuming people realize who he is.

"Join the club :)"

Castiel retweets it, saying, "Only if I get a name tag."

"Your name or your dog's?"

"Stop being so singleminded. I can go by both."

The next response he gets, not included the fans, is from Dean.

"You guys are such children."

"You love it!"

"Hey, that's what I just said!" Lucifer tells his brother.

"Great minds think alike," Castiel replies.

"Hey, Michael replied," Dean says.

"Wait, really? Castiel says in surprise. Michael rarely uses his Twitter. What's going on there?

"Why are you tweeting each other? Aren't you all in Lucifer's room anyway?"

"I got this," Lucifer announces.

He quotes Michaels tweet with the words, "Shhhhh they don't know that's Castiel." followed by, "Well, guess they do now."

Castiel laughs. "Subtle, Lucifer. Real subtle." He refreshes his page a few times, watching the follower count climb each time. "Well, there goes my quiet. How long do you think I have 'til the trolls show up?"

"I'll give you ten seconds, max," Lucifer replies. "I'm pretty sure a lot of them have my post notifications on."

"Great," Castiel says sarcastically.

"Hey, at least we're keeping people entertained," Lucifer replies. "Even if it is just them bashing us."

Castiel chuckles. "True, true. To each their own."

"Is this something that happens to you guys a lot?" Dean asks.

"All the damn time," they say in unison, earning a slight laugh from them both.

"You chose the right career path," Lucifer adds. "No one's gonna go trash you like they do us. But on the plus side, I probably get way more people singing praises to me than you do, so take that!"

Dean chuckles. "Like I check Twitter enough for that to matter," he says sarcastically. "You guys can keep your fans and haters and whatever. I think I'll stick to just tweeting teammates and you two."

"You're so boring," Lucifer replies teasingly. "Join the fun squad. Tweeting everyone and everything is awesome. Right, Cassie?"

"Not at all," Castiel deadpans.

"Ignore him, he's lying," Lucifer says. "It really is awesome. You should try it."

Dean shakes his head. "Nah, I'm good. I'll just tweet Cas and call it quits."

He gives his boyfriend a quick kiss on the cheek, and Castiel gives him a small smile. In reality, he's definitely not happy about any of this. He's honestly considering not touching Twitter until he absolutely has to, because he knows it will probably be rough getting back into this. But he'll give it a shot anyway. Give it a day, and he'll check Twitter again. Maybe people will have warmed up to him by then. He can only hope.