Chapter 42

The first thing Castiel hears when he and Dean go downstairs is Gabriel saying, "I swear to god, guys, if you slept together in my bed, someone's gonna die."

"Good morning to you, too," Dean replies, rolling his eyes.

"That non answer is scaring me," Gabriel says. "Do I have to get my shotgun?"

"Probably," Sam tells him. Yes, Sam is here. Judging by the fact that it's seven in the morning, he probably slept over, too. Seeing as Destiel stole the room Gabriel usually sleeps in, the sleeping arrangements would be an issue, but the odds that they just came back here before seven are low. "Then you can be my angel with a shotgun."

Gabriel grins and snuggles up to Sam on the couch. "That is how you relationship."

"That is not how you English," Sam adds.

"That is not how you English, either, so fight me," Gabriel replies with a teasing smile.

"I'm, like, eight inches taller than you," Sam reminds him. "You don't stand a chance."

"I'll beat you with my deadly cuddles."

"That's a fight I'd be willing to lose," Sam tells him.

"Stop being cute!" Castiel whines. "It's not fair to us less cute, half asleep people!"

"You're always cute," Dean replies, pressing a kiss to the top of his head.

"Stop being cute!" Gabriel whines much like Castiel did. "It's not fair to those of us who don't want to watch their brothers be all lovey-dovey!"

Just to annoy him, Castiel turns to Dean and gives him an actual kiss. He's not entirely sure if Dean kisses him back because they're dating or because he wants to annoy Gabriel (in the most friendly way possible), too. He doesn't really care, either. As long as he gets to kiss Dean, the motives are irrelevant.

"PDAs much?" Claire's voice interrupts their cute Destiel moment.

The two pull apart reluctantly, earning a relieved "Hallelujah!" from Gabriel.

"You're just jealous you don't have a cute little Cas all to yourself," Dean tells Claire teasingly.

"I'm proud of you, Dean," Castiel tells him with a teasing smile. "You didn't make it all about you this time."

"Well, he's saying she's jealous of him, so..." Gabriel observes.

"No, she's jealous of our never ending love!" Castiel says with exaggerated excitement. He presses a quick kiss to Dean's lips to emphasize this.

Claire groans. "I've seen enough of the gay for today. I'm gonna go find someone less like... that."

She walks away swiftly, and the gays that she's done with wait in silence until she's out of earshot.

When she's gone, Gabriel asks softly with a wicked grin on his face, "What's she gonna do when she realizes she's the only other one up?"

"Probably hide 'til someone else wakes up," Sam suggests. He glances at his phone to check the time, then adds, "Which could either be very soon or in a couple hours."

"Probably the latter, knowing Lucifer and Anna," Gabriel replies. "Unless she's gonna settle for Michael or
Samandriel. Then again, Castiel usually wakes up at noon, so this is a weird day."

"I went to sleep pretty early yesterday," Castiel tells him with a shrug.

"Yeah, clearly. Today's gonna feel so long to you. This is, like, an extra five hours."