Chapter 188

Castiel doesn't talk to Jack again. He doesn't reply to any tweets, like any posts, or acknowledge his existence. It's not that he's trying to ignore him, but Castiel knows better than to make friends with a celebrity. He likes the kid, and if he were to reach out, Castiel would definitely be there, but Castiel isn't going to make the first move, and it doesn't seem like Jack will, either. Other than following him back and liking the two tweets Castiel posted, he doesn't acknowledge him, either.

Castiel does end up getting a lot of shit for his tweets about how much he hates the negative vibe on Twitter, but he doesn't acknowledge any of it. If they're going to bitch about him every day, they can handle two tweets about them.

Tour rehearsals come and go, and pretty soon, his tour begins. It's a pain to play three or four shows every week, especially because they're all so late and take up most of his day, which means he never gets enough sleep. Castiel suffers through it with a smile on his face, so at least everyone else can enjoy it, and enjoy it they do. He got a lot of shit for selling tickets for as much as he did, but the show's better than any he's put on before, and he doesn't see anyone complaining once they've seen it.

What Castiel didn't plan for when he decided to keep himself busy every day for this tour was Lucifer and Claire's baby. Alex was due in April, but born at the beginning of March, which apparently isn't good. Castiel wouldn't know — he can't get a day off to go visit them; not without telling people why, and Lucifer is determined to keep quiet about their new daughter. Instead, Castiel is stuck with hushed FaceTime calls before shows and texted videos at airports.

Eventually, it's May, and that means a break from tour, and a trip to Disney World. Castiel goes to the airport with nothing but excitement, but by the time he gets home, he's about ready to kill someone.

He couldn't find a flight straight to South Dakota, so he had to take one plane to Michigan, and another from Michigan to South Dakota. The problem is that the plane to Michigan got delayed, so he landed later than planned, and had to rush to the gate for his second flight, only to find that that flight had been delayed for two hours.

On both flights, there were whining babies who wouldn't shut up long enough for him to fall asleep, so he's running on just two hours of it. He was just about ready to hit the sack right there, but somehow managed to meet fans and smile at people's cameras

Apparently, they're all meeting up at the Novak house for the night, so that's where Castiel goes. As soon as he opens the front door, Lucifer runs out, Dean following just behind him.

"Cassie, you made it!" Lucifer squeals.

Castiel just rolls his eyes, drops his suitcase on the floor, and walks away.

"Cas?" Dean says uncertainly, following his boyfriend.

Castiel opens his bedroom door to take a nap, only to find Mark running around in a little pen in the middle of the floor.

"Lucifer, get your rodent out of here before I step on him!" Castiel yells.

"Woah, okay, hold on!" Lucifer appears seconds later and quickly picks the guinea pig up. "He just likes to be able to run around."

"I don't care," Castiel says. "Let it run around somewhere else."

"Okay, okay." Lucifer quickly carries Mark away, probably back to his normal cage.

Dean stands in the doorway, frowning. "I don't even get a 'hello'?"

Castiel just rolls his eyes an takes a seat on his bed. Maybe Dean will get the hint and leave. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dean asks.

"Nothing," Castiel snaps.

"Well, I can very clearly see that something's wrong," Dean says. He takes a seat on the bed next to Castiel. "C'mon, talk to me."

Castiel doesn't say anything.

"C'mon, Cas, we're going to 'the happiest place on earth' tomorrow. Smile! Be happy!" When Castiel doesn't smile, Dean sighs. "Do you not want to go to Disney World? I know you weren't very excited when you heard, but I figured it was just cuz you were sick."

He can see that Dean's genuinely concerned that Castiel may be mad at him for this, and he decides he should probably fix that, but he's not in the mood to do it nicely.

"In the last forty-eight hours, I've gotten two hours of sleep. Just back off."

Dean frowns. After a moment of hesitation, he nods once and stands up. "Alright. G'night, Cas." He presses a kiss to his boyfriend's forehead before walking away, turning off the light and closing the door as he leaves.

Castiel lies down and closes his eyes. This is much better.