Chapter 97

A/N Alright, peeps, I gotta explain something. I know Michael and his controversial political views are pissing people off. I know Anna and her sass are ridiculous. I know you want Sabriel back and actually I don't really know that one but I'm just assuming because I personally miss them. But there's actually a reason for all of it, I promise. Except Sabriel. They're just at college which is stupid and I can't wait for it to end.

It's finally May, the beginning of the end of the school year. It's strange to think this is the last time there will be a Novak in the high school they've been in for so long. It's about time, though. That place is a hellhole. Then again, most high schools are.

A car horn honks from out front, and Anna instantly heads to the door. Lucifer stops her before she can leave.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"Out," she replies, the same way she always does.

"Out with who?"

"Friends."

"Cain?" he guesses.

"Nope."

"Alright. Where are you and your not-Cain-friends going?"

"Somewhere." She pushes past him and walks out the door.

Lucifer sighs and shakes his head to himself. "Does anyone actually know where she's going?"

"Mall," Claire replies without hesitation.

"Didn't she just go to the mall, like, a week ago?" Lucifer recalls. "How much stuff does she need?"

"No, that was summer shopping," Claire explains. "This is prom shopping. There's a difference."

"Wait, it's prom time already?"

Claire nods. "Yeah, like, three weeks. I'm surprised they waited this long to get dresses, honestly."

"Do you already have a dress?" he asks.

She bursts out laughing at that idea. "You think I'm going to prom? Not a chance in hell."

"What? Why not? It's your senior prom. That only happens once."

"Unless you fail all your classes, but don't even try that," Samandriel adds.

"School dances aren't my thing," she explains. "I'll leave that to Anna."

"Not a chance," Lucifer replies. "You have to go to prom. Everyone else in the family went. I even dragged Michael to it senior year."

"I'm not part of your family, so —"

"Shushles!" Lucifer interrupts immediately. "You're completely part of this family! Now and forever! And you can never escape us now!"

Dean leans over to Castiel from where they're sitting on the couch and whispers, "I ship it."

Castiel chuckles. "Honestly, I do, too."

"Castiel! I have a job for you!" Lucifer calls over to them as if they can't hear everything the two say in their normal voices.

"I probably won't do it but what is it?" Castiel asks.

"Go take Claire prom dress shopping."

"Why don't you do it?"

"Because everyone knows that gay guys are better at shopping," Lucifer replies as if it's obvious. "You didn't spend all that time in the closet doing nothing."

"Don't bother," Claire tells him. "I'm still not going to prom."

"Well, pick out a dress anyway in case you change your mind," Lucifer replies.