Chapter 190

A/N The next update may take a while because it's going to be long af

Eventually, the group finds themselves on the Magical Express bus to their resort. Claire makes a point of sitting as far away from Cain as possible, and, of course, Lucifer stays with her, and he drags Michael along as well. Dean follows them, so Castiel stays with him, and the five claim the very back of the bus, with Lucifer and Claire sitting together in one pair of seats, Dean and Castiel in the two next to them, and Michael in front of his twin on his phone.

"Who ya texting?" Lucifer asks him.

"No one."

Lucifer cranes his neck to see his phone, and Michael shields it with his body so no one can see it.

"A girlfriend?" Lucifer asks teasingly.

Michael sighs. "I've already told you, I have no interest in having a girlfriend — or a boyfriend, or a nonbinary-friend, or any type of romantic relationship at all, for that matter."

"Are you just saying that so I don't ship you with anyone?" Lucifer asks.

"No, I'm saying that because I'm aromantic, and one of these times, I'm hoping you'll finally process what that means."

"Yeah, Lucifer," Dean says teasingly. "Stop being arophobic."

The two laugh, and Michael sighs in exasperation, smacking his head into the back of his seat.

"But actually though," Lucifer says, "who are you texting?"

Michael awkwardly turns around in his seat to give him a "really?" look. "How many friends do I have?"

"Well, there's —"

"That aren't on this bus right now," Michael adds.

"Um..." Lucifer looks genuinely puzzled at that. Finally, he says uncertainly, "None?"

"One," Michael corrects him. "I have one friend. Who do you think I'm texting?"

"Wait, who's...?" Lucifer mutters, the gears in his brain turning as he tries to piece this together.

"Your bartender friend?" Castiel guesses.

Michael doesn't respond, already back to texting, but Lucifer seems to accept that, because he jokes, "Oh, yeah, because Mikey's got a drinking problem."

"Says the one with the baby," Michael deadpans.

Lucifer lets out a low whistle. "Wow, Mikey. That was a low blow, man."

Michael just shrugs carelessly.

"Hey, speaking of Alex, can you take her?" Claire asks her boyfriend. "I wanna get some sleep."

Lucifer opens his mouth to say something, but apparently thinks better of it and closes it before just saying, "Yeah, I got her."

"Awesome." Claire hands the baby over, then rests her head against the window and closes her eyes.

"Aw, Dada Satan," Dean laughs. "Who would've thunk it?"

"'Dada Satan,'" he repeats with an amused smile. "I should totally change my channel name to that."

"Oh my god, yes, please do," Dean agrees. "Be prepared for the onslaught of 'daddy' jokes."

Lucifer visibly cringes at that. "On second thought, 'Literal Satan' is still pretty cool."

~~~

Each cabin at their resort has a double bed, a bunk bed, and a pullout couch, but the couch is obviously uncomfortable, so they arranged it so four people would go in each cabin. Castiel's cabin consists of himself, Gabriel, and both Winchesters. His brother claims the double bed for himself and Sam, leaving Castiel and Dean with the bunks.

"I'll take top," Castiel volunteers.

"I will take the top bunk," Dean corrects him. "I don't trust your tired ass to climb up and down the latter without falling and breaking your leg."

Castiel shrugs. "Yeah, that's fair."

~~~

Each cabin has two of the resort's golf carts in the tiny driveway provided because each cabin consists of two couples who may want to split off and do their own thing. If they want to split off into more than two groups, the bus stop is only a few minutes away by foot, and they can make it to any of the parks except Magic Kingdom from there.

The only exception to the two golf carts for two couples rule is Claire and Lucifer, who have a cabin all to themselves — with Alex, of course — but still two golf carts, so one person can take the baby home early if they have to. It's not a bad system, Castiel remarks.

~~~

That was basically all filler so Disney can really start ten chapters before the magical 200, because it's easy to remember and I'm bad at continuity and need to be able to go back and check.

Disney World changes so often that this will in no way be accurate of the 2024 Disney World, because, obviously, it's 2018 as this is being written, and a lot can change in 6 years. For the purpose of this story, things are just going to be 2018-status. No Star Wars land, no Sky Tram between parks and resorts, et cetera. With that being said, let the Disneying commence!