Chapter 17

Ashton’s POV;

I follow Emma to our room and see her crying on the bed. I sigh deeply. This is why I didn’t want her to go. Her mother doesn’t care about anybody but herself. Her father was so in love with Talia that he never saw what a bitch she was. The moment he did he tried to get away but died before he could. Everybody knows Talia did it but there is no proof. I sit beside Emma and pull her into my arms.

“Ashton do you love me?” I stiffen. What the hell? I thought we were through with this question. When Emma and I first started dating it was really hard due to Emma’s insecurities and her mother. But once she opened up and got away from her mother’s crutches everything was perfect. So this is not a question I was expecting especially like this.

“Of course I love you babe. You know you never have to worry about me not loving you.” I try to comfort her but it doesn’t help, she keeps crying.

“But I am fat.” She tells me.

That bitch just keeps messing with her head. When we first started dating Emma use to skip meals even though she didn’t need to but did it because Talia thought she was fat and won’t find a man.

“Baby you are not fat, you are pregnant.” I try comforting her again.

“Soon I will be big like a whale. You will find someone beautiful.”

“Baby there is no one more beautiful than you in this world.”

“But-” I don’t let her complete.

“You will always be the most beautiful person in the world.”

“Even when I am like this?”

“Baby you are not fat. You are pregnant and still the most beautiful woman.”

“Really?”

“Yes. You pregnant with my babies is the most sexy thing”

“You will always love me?”

“Always babe.” And I kiss her.

I lay down with her for a while and stay with her in my arms until it’s time for me to meet Ashley and Daniel.

I carefully untangle myself from Emma and go to my office.

Ashley’s POV;

When I get to the office Daniel is already there. There goes my plan to avoid him.  I go inside and sit on the couch. Daniel turns to me but Ashton comes in at the same time and saves me from an awkward conversation.

“So what did you find out?” He asks me.

“Your Mother in law is a bitch.” I tell him rolling my eyes at him.

“I know that. Tell me something new.” I tell him everything that happened there. I see both of them get angry with I tell them how she mistreated Emma. After telling them everything I turn to Daniel.

“Daniel did you do your homework?” I ask Daniel.

“Homework?” he asks me.

“Did you find out about the doctor?” I ask him in a duh tone.

“Yes. I did.”

“Then why don’t you share?” Ashton asks him.

“There no oncologist with the name Jared at Seattle Mary. There is an intern and there is a surgeon named Jared at Seattle Mary and Mom gets a lot of work done by him too.”

“So the doctor part was not true?” Ashton asks.

“I didn’t think so too. So I checked on the internet if people lose their eye brows during chemo. Some people don’t lose their eye brows.”

“What do eye brows have to do with this?” Daniel asks me irritated.

“Your mothers head was shaved but she had her eyebrows. Her eye brows were perfect. Some times people do not lose their eyebrows during cancer.”

“You said that already.” Ashton says.

“So you didn’t do anything use full? Emma still got her feeling hurt and you couldn’t get anything.” Daniel says in anger.

“Then you should have gone yourself. You need to let Emma get out of her cocoon of cotton.”

“You need to shut up.”

“You both need to shut up before you wake Emma.” Ashton scolds us.

 We both glare at him.

“Stop blaming Ashley. We didn’t exactly tell her what to expect did we?” Wow Ashton is defending me. I look at him astonished.

Daniel just looks away.

“I actually picked up her water bottle and a medicine bottle before we left.”

Daniel turns to me.” You did what?”

“When your mother was busy with trying to get money from Emma. Which you didn’t tell me about, I threw some of her stuff from the table into my bag. When I got home I check and saw what it was. So will that help?”

“I think it would.” Ashton says with a thought full look.

I take out the bottles from my bag and hand them to Ashton.   

“So if that’s all you need me for I am going out to Chloe’s place in the morning and I might stay the night.” I tell Ashton and start to leave.

“Not today.” He calls out from behind.

“What?” I turn to him.

“You can’t go today.”

“And why can’t I?” I ask him.

“Because I said so.”

“That’s not an answer.”

“You need to do as I say.“

“But why?”

“I am your Guardian remember.”

“This is not fair.”

“Go to your room Ashley.”

“But Ashton-”

“No buts. Just go to your room.”

I walk out the office annoyed with Ashton. I go to my room and call Chloe to cancel the plans. She says she understands and we talk for a while and then I try to find a place to live after leaving here.

Ashton’s POV:

After Ashley leaves Daniel asks me why I stopped her from going. I explain to him that I plan to send her and Emma for a girl’s day tomorrow and then joining them for dinner.

I think this will be good for Emma. And Ashley could do with a girls day too I guess.

===========================================================

I know. I know. i didnt upload soon but its just that there is a lot going on in life right now.

My cousin was supposed to come on monday morning but he surprised us by coming home on sunday morning and after that there was my exam and then somethings came up so i couldnt upload.

I will try to upload soon next. Hope you guys like this chapter.

Do VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.