Chapter 6

Ashley’s POV;

I woke up in a strange bed. Looking around I remembered where I was. For sleeping in a new place I slept pretty well. The flight to Seattle was a bit strained. Ashton kept trying to talk to Emma and Emma kept ignoring him and talking to me. It was really uncomfortable for me as I kind of felt that it was because of me. This gave Ashton another reason to hate me. I am trying to form a relationship with my brother and the start was pretty awful.

My phone ringing brings me out of my thoughts. I pick it up and see its Mrs. Donavan. She told me she has talked to my doctor and my medical records have been sent here and my treatment will continue here. I also had an appointment with the doctor at 2. Then she asks me about how I am feeling and after satisfying her that I am fine I hang up promising to call her soon.

I move towards the bathroom and try to change out of my clothes which is really hard. Trying to get out of the shirt I hit my back on the wall which sent an excruciating pain through my body. My eyes water up and I try to breath. After a lot of struggle I am able to change.

I make my way towards the kitchen. I find Emma and Ashton kissing in there which kind of kills my appetite. Seeing me come in Emma gets me some breakfast too. Ashton on the other hand ignores me. Emma asks me if I slept okay and if I liked my room. She told me I could make any changes I want. I actually liked it as it was. It was purple and white. There was nothing I wanted to change about it. Maybe add a few photos and knick knacks.

After breakfast I tried to talk to Ashton about my doctor’s appointment, While Emma went to get her stuff.

“Ashton I was wondering if you could take me to….” Before I could complete Emma came out and told him to pick her up at 1:30.

“Yes of course baby, you be ready.” And he turned back to me. “Where did you want me to take you?”

If he already has plans with Emma than I am sure he won’t be happy if I ask him to take me to the doctors. “Huh… nowhere important.”

“You sure?”

“Yea”

“Okay than suit yourself.”

Both him and Emma leave quickly. Emma had to go see her brother and Ashton had some meeting. After they both left I went back to my room and did some unpacking which was hard and took a lot of my energy. I laid on the bed to rest a bit and the next thing I knew it was 1:30. I quickly got up fixed my clothes and ran my good hand through my hair and called a cab.

By the time I got down the cab was waiting to take me to the hospital. The nurse told me that the doctor is waiting for me. I went into the doctor’s office and wow. My doctor was hot. He looked young . Maybe in early twenties. His name was Doctor Collins.

He told me he wanted to check on my progress and how much of the wounds were healed. The nurse came and asked me to change in the gown. She even offered to help me change  but I refused and struggled a bit changed it myself.

Doctor Collins asked me to sit lay down so he could check me over.

“ Okay…. Everything looks good. The stiches are dissolving. Everything looks normal. Your cast will be removed in a few weeks.”

“ My arm will be fine right?” My question makes him pause which I know is not a good sign.

“ Miss Dallas with the physical therapy I am pretty optimistic that you will be able to use your arm again.”

“ But you are not sure?”

“Your bone shattered really badly, your doctors did good but..”