Chapter 14

Ashley’s POV;

I wake up to yelling. I look at the night stand for the clock and see its 7pm. After today’s therapy session I was really tired so I decided to take a nap. It’s been two weeks since the hospital episode and Ashton has been acting really weird. As soon as I walk out the front door Xander becomes my shadow. Xander is supposed to make sure I don’t skip any meals. If I do I get a call from Ashton himself. It’s really annoying. I still avoid Daniel as much as I can. He tried to talk to me a few times but I leave the room. As soon as he walks in I walk out. Since last week he has been around less. I think he has finally given up. My arm is a bit better. I can lift it up a bit but not much. So today Noah tried to bend my elbow which caused me a lot of pain so we stopped.

The session ended after that and I came home and took a nap. I hear the raised voices again so I get out of bed and put on a shirt and go out to see what’s going on. The living room is a sight to see. Daniel and Ashton are both pacing furiously. Emma is on the couch crying. These days Emma cries a lot. Hormones I guess but she cries about nothing to everything. Daniel looks ready to kill someone and Ashton looks torn in between comforting Emma and joining Daniel.

“I thought we broke all ties from her. You were not supposed to answer any calls from her. Then why did you?” Daniel asks Emma.

“She was calling day and night. What was I supposed to do? I thought if I listen to her once she would stop. So I picked up and she asked to see me.” Emma says through tears.

“And you didn’t think to tell me or Ashton about those calls.”

“Daniel she is sick she needs us.” Emma looks at Daniel and Daniel just rolls his eyes.

“Even if she is sick that is not our problem. You need to let it go Emma.” This time it’s Ashton. Emma looks at both of them one takes a deep breath. “I will help her. I don’t care what you both think but I am still going." With that she goes into her room.

As I step in all eyes turn to me. “What’s going on?” I ask them.

“Nothing.” Ashton and Daniel say at the same time.

“Okay then.” I move around them and grab the TV remote and start flicking channels. “Way to go morons.”

“Excuse me?” Both of them look at me as if I have lost my mind.

“That little stunt you guys pulled just now. She is pregnant for good sakes use your brain a bit. All that crying is not good for her.”

“Mind your own-“ Daniel starts but Ashton stops him “ What do you suggest we do?” he asks me.

“First tell me what ‘s going on?” I ask him.

 “We don’t have to tell you anything, this is a family thing.” Daniel tells me.

“Touché” And he looks at me with anger. I raise my hands. “Hey. This” I point to Ashton.”is my brother and that” I point to where Emma went “is my sister in law. I think that counts as family.”

“Well just stay out of this.”

“She is right.” Ashton says.

“She is?” “I am?” Web both say at the same time.

“Yes you are.” Ashton says. “And as family you are going to help.”

“I am not going to like this am I?” Daniel asks shaking his head.

“Not really. Well Ashley will go with Emma.” He tells us. And I am confused what just happened I was not here to help them I was here to mock them on their stupidity.

“Where exactly am I going?”

Ashton and Daniel look at each other. They have a silent conversation. Daniel sighs.

“Fine, You will go with Emma to see our Mother. Apparently she has cancer and wants to see Emma.”

Oh that’s so sad. What why don’t they want Emma to see her sick mother?

“It’s not the first time she has done something like this to get money from Emma. It was always trying to get money some flood victims, children in Africa or something like that now this is new.” He answers my unasked question.

“She could really be sick.”

Daniel exhales loudly and turns to Ashton. “How will she help?”

“Ashley is not as naïve as Emma. Ashley will protect Emma from Talia’s verbal attacks and she will get us information we need.”

“Hate to tell you this but this won’t work.” Daniel says.

“Oh it will. Won’t it Ashley?” He asks me with a smug look.

I roll my eyes. “I just have to prove Talia doesn’t have Cancer and protect Emma from her words. I could do that. But-” I tell him.  

  “But what Ashley?” Ashton asks me.

"I have some conditions?" I tell them.

"Name them." Ashton tells me.

“The meal calls stop. I get to go to the parties I want and I get to spend the night at Chloe’s place when I want.  Xander doesn’t always follow me around and you tell Xander to stop scaring away my dates.” I lay down my terms.

“You can stay at Chloe’s place if you call to tell me about it first, again you don’t go to parties without telling me first. You don’t skip meals.  And you can go out if the guy passes the background check.”

“You run a background check on my dates?”

“I run background checks on everyone you come in contact to.” He tells me as its a normal thing.

“Why?” Ashton doesn’t answer this time.

Daniel looks at both of us. “As much as this is interesting can we get back to the point.”

“He is right. So do we have a deal?”

“Fine, when do I have to go?”

“I will tell you that later. Right now I need to check up on Emma.” Ashton leaves to go see how Emma is.

I turn around to do to my room too but Daniel stops me.

“I am sorry for what I said that night.”

I ignore him and try to move around me but can’t.

“Al- Ashely , look I am sorry. I didn’t mean i-“

Ashton comes back before he can complete what he was saying and asks us we pizza would be fine for dinner. I agree to with him and quickly go back to my room before Daniel can stop me again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another chapter. i hope you guys like it. 

I am really glad you guys like my story it means a lot to me and if you don't well i can't do anything about it. 

Do VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.