Chapter 1

Beep.

Beep….

Beep….

I open my eyes and find myself in a white room. Looking around I realize I am in a hospital.

And I try to remember why I am here. Just then a nurse comes in “oh you’re awake. Do you know where you are?”  “  In a hospital? ”

 “Yes. That’s right let me just call the doctor.” And she leaves before I could ask her if my dad has been informed. And just then all the memories come rushing back.

Flashback;

Me and my dad are in the car , coming back from the grocery store. Dad is telling me that my brother will not come back for my birthday. That is not news for me. I don’t know why but my brother always hated me. As long as I can remember he always hated me. A few years ago he had a change of heart. He saw a few people bullying me in school , and he stood up for me and I was stunned by that. After that he told me to tell him if somebody bothered me. He was still rude most of the time but he would spend time with me. One time mom and dad were out and he took care of me when I got sick. But then mom died and he went back to hating me. I don’t know why but I feel as though he blames me for moms death. I once tried to talk to him but he just ignored me. Today my brother is one of the richest man on earth. His name is Ashton Dallas.  He started a software company after he moved out. I haven’t seen him since. He sometimes calls dad but always hangs up if dad passes me the phone.

 So dad is going on and on that he should at least come home to see us once. It’s been years seen we have seen him in person. I know as long as I am here he won’t ever come home. A tear rolls down my check. And dad notices this. He turn to me “You still don’t think he hates you do you? He loves you kiddo you are his only sister. Trust me he loves you.”

 “I know dad I love you both too.” Just then I see a truck coming towards. The driver seems to have lost control of the car. And I shout “Dad look out.” Dad tries to turn the car other way but its too late and I hear dads voice “ I love you baby. Its time for Ashton to take care of you. Don’t ever feel alone I will be right here watching over you.” And everything goes blank.

                                       --------------------------- Flashback over------------------------------

“ NOOOOO”

That’s all I can think. Dad cannot leave me he is all that I have left. Ashton will never take me in. And I can’t live without dad. Just then the doctor comes in “ Hello Miss Dallas how are you feeling now?”

“Like I have been hit by a truck.”

“Yes well… You look better and you can go home in a few days.” And they both leave before I can talk to them about my dad.

Then a women comes in she looks like she works with the social services. And I am proved correct when she introduced herself.

“Hello Miss Dallas. My name is Jennifer and I work for the social services.”

I am almost afraid to ask  but I have to “ My Dad?”

“ I am sorry but he died on the way to the hospital. Your brother has been informed and you will be released into his custody.”

“ My brother is coming here?”

“ You seem surprised, he is your brother you need him why won’t he come?”

After she leaves I cry for my dad. He was my support through everything. After mom he never let me miss her. Even though he was hurting himself, he was always there for me. I cry for my mom, my dad. Most of all I cry because I know my brother won’t come for me.

Ashton’s POV;

I woke up and felt the bed empty next to me. I opened my eyes and saw it was just 7:15. I put on my boxers and go to the kitchen where I find my fiancé Emma. I met Emma at a party and we have been together since. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her head.

 “Good Morning, baby.”

“Good morning. Breakfast is ready and on the table. And this just came for you. It looks important.”

I open the letter and cannot believe it. I was suppose to have more time with him. He had yet to meet Emma. Why did this happen?  My dad is dead and I am the new guardian of Ashley Dallas.  

“What is it babe?”

“Nothing important just ignore it? …………… hey I am late for work so am just gonna shower and leave.”

Emma POV;

Its been a few days since the letter came. Ashton has changed. If I ever ask him whats wrong he just distracts me or gets really angry. I am really confused I tried to talk to him but he says nothing just “work pressure”.

Today I came home early and had nothing else to do so I decided to clean up the house a bit. Our house keeper is on vacation. So the penthouse is a bit messy. I start cleaned up and noticed the letter from that morning on the table. Curiosity got the better of me and I opened it.

To Mr. Dallas,

I am sorry to inform you that your father and sister were in an accident. Your father did not make it. Your sister was touch and go for a while but now she is out of danger.

You are now Miss Dallas’s legal guardian. She will be released from the hospital in a few days please come and collect her.

                                                                                                                                    Regards,

                                                                                                                                          Jennifer Gellar

I was surprised this is not the man Ashton was, he told me it was nothing important. It says right here that his dad is dead and his sister needs him. How can this not be important??

I call him and ask him to come home immediately. How can he ignore his sister? Time for some answers....