Chapter 8

Ashley’s POV;

Ashton looks at me and then at Daniel and then back at me.

“You know each other?”

Before Daniel can say anything I say no. I look at Daniel who looks at me for and then turns to Ashton and say no too. He then turns back to Emma.

“Did you go to the doctor?” He asks Emma.

“Yea I did.”

“What did she say?”

“Just, that there are a few complications with the pregnancy.”

I feel a bit hurt. Nobody told me. I live with them. I thought I was family. But then I have to remember I am not a part of this family. I have to keep my distance. And right now I don’t think they even remember that I am here.

“And how do you feel about that Em?” Ashton looks impassively at Emma when Daniel asks Emma this.

“Danny I am fine.”

“You sure about that?”

“Yes I am sure. So what do you want for breakfast?”

“Whatever you guys were having is fine. Hey on second thought why don’t we go out for breakfast?” he sniffs and then says “Because I am pretty sure that whatever you were having is burning?”

We all look at the stove and as Daniel said the food is ruined. Emma tries to salvage some of it but it’s no use. Emma and Ashton go back to their room to change. Which leaves me and Daniel alone in the room.

Okay this is really awkward.

“So does brother dear knows what his sister usually does for money?” he asks me in a mocking tone.

“You shouldn’t assume anything. Things are not always as they seem. Isn’t that what you always use to tell me Daniel?”

“I know exactly what you are. Now I get why Ashton always hated his sister. Anybody would hate a selfish bitch like you.”

Ouch. That hurt. But I don’t let the tears flow or even the hurt show.

“You didn’t hear what I had to say then. Are you ready to hear what I have to say? You have no idea what you walked in on. I needed that money and that job paid good. It was not something I wanted to do.”

“Yeah right! You’re the sister of Ashton Dallas I am pretty sure he sent you enough money. How much more money did you need Ashley. You could have asked Ashton for the money.”

 “You have no idea what you are talking about. You know nothing about what forced me to get that job. If you remember I told you my brother didn’t  even talk to me at that time. What makes you think he would have given me money? ”

“I know why you did it. I don’t have to listen to your lies. I am just glad James saved me from your clutches.”

“Of course James the saint. You might want to check out James and Ashton’s history. Whatever he told you was his ploy to get revenge.”

“You are not that special. That he would use you to get revenge. ” he grabs my wrist hard and pulls me close. “ Listen to me every carefully. Don’t try any of your tricks with my sister. I am going to keep a close eye on you. I won’t let you play with my family.”

“You are forgetting something Daniel. This is my family too.” He lets my wrist go.

“Ashley Ashley Ashley.” He says with pity. “If I open my mouth who do you think Ashton will believe? You or me? Let me tell you he will believe me. You stay away from my sister. Get that?”

Before I can tell him to go to hell Emma comes out. And ask us what we are talking about. To which Daniel tells her that we were just getting to know each other.”

Soon Ashton also comes out and the three of them move towards the door. Daniel stops with a smirk on his face and asks me if I am joining them to which I decline.

After they leave I go back to my room and let the tears go. It looks like when the past knocks on your door it brings back everything you are trying to keep buried. 

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Here is another chapter. i really hope you guys like it. 

DO VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW.