Chapter 16

Ashley’s POV;

Talia’s house was more of a mansion. A high, stone fence surrounded the perimeter of the house where it ended, there gate. Once we entered through the gate, I could see more of the extravagant house. A small pond wrapped around a weeping willow, which branches dipped lightly into the water's surface. Flowers covered the grass and several vines and rose bushes lined the house's exterior.

The inside of the house was even more beautiful. It looked like it was taken from a magazine. A butler opened the door for us and escorted us to Talia’s room. The walls were light brown. The bed and dresser were black and silver. There was a white rug in the middle and a sliver couch on one side.

On the bed laid a woman who looks to be in her 50’s. There are dark circles under her eyes. Her head looks shaved. She has same blue eyes as Emma.

Emma bends a little to hug her.

“Oh Mother.”

“Hello Emma.” She says coldly. She looks at me and Emma follows her gaze.

“Mother this is Ashley. She is Ashton’s sister.”

“Hello Mrs. Slade” But she just nods and looks back at Emma.

She frowns. “Emma you have gotten fat. You should go on a diet.”

Emma looks at her stomach and looks back at her mother with a smile.

“I am pregnant mother.”

“You are what?”

“Pregnant”

“You foolish girl. How could you get pregnant? You are only 24 You aren’t even married yet.”

“We will get married after the babies are born.”

“Babies?”

“Yes mother. I am having twins.”

“Have you lost your mind?” Talia sits up. “You will lose all your looks. You didn’t have much to begin with. It was a wonder Ashton took interest in you and you got pregnant.”

“But mother.” But Talia doesn’t even let Emma finish. “You stupid girl. When will you learn. You will get fat and Ashton will lose interest in you.”

Now she is stepping on Emma’s insecurities. I can see that Emma is already worried about this. Time to step in.

“Mrs. Slade, how are you feeling?” I ask Talia. She looks at me as I have gone mad.

“I am fine. What’s wrong with me?”

“How’s your cancer treatment going?”

“Oh that. I have decided not to get anymore treatment.”

“But why mother?” Emma asks her.

Talia looks at me and then at Emma. “I don’t have money left.”

“What about the money Daddy left you?”

“You know I had other expenses.”

“What other expenses mother?”

“I don’t have to explain to you.”

“But Daniel…” Talia interrupts Emma again. “Daniel refused to give me money. He doesn’t even want his own mother to get well. Both of my children are useless.” I see Emma flinch but Talia Continues “Both of you don’t even care about me. You are engaged to one of the richest man and Daniel is one of the richest men on Earth but you both won’t get your mother treated for cancer.” Talia wipes away the tears which are not even there.

“Mother I talked to Ashton and Daniel…” Talia again doesn’t let her finish.

“So when will you transfer the money.” So this is what the shouting was about. It wasn’t about visiting her it was about giving her money.

Emma doesn’t answer.

“You couldn’t get it could you. I knew it. You shouldn’t go through with this pregnancy.” Has she lost her mind.

“Already you are losing control over Ashton. After this you will be fat and always tired. You should get rid of them. I would have gotten rid of you if your father hadn’t found out.”

I look at  Emma and see tears in her eyes. I decide to step in.

“Mrs. Slade, you have a beautiful home?”

“It is beautiful isn’t it? I asked my husband to buy it for me when I married him.” She looks at Emma. “Unlike my stupid daughter I didn’t get pregnant at 24.”

Emma excuses herself and leaves the room.

Okay this isn’t going anywhere.

“Mrs. Slade what doctor were you seeing?”

“Doctor?”

“Yeah, for your treatment?”

“Huh….Doctor Jared.”

“What hospital?”

“Why so many questions dear?” She frowns at me.

“Oh my friend’s mother has Cancer. I thought I could tell her to see your doctor too.”

“No offence dear but my doctor isn’t cheap.”

“Money isn’t a problem for them. Hospital?”

She glares at me and spits out Seattle Mary Hospital. I smile at her.

Emma comes back with puffy eyes.

“I think we should go now. Ashton will be waiting for us.”

“Sure.” I tell her and stand up.

“Think about what I said. Don’t be stupid. Listen to me for once and do something about the money.” She tells Emma.

“Of course, Mother.”

“And try using some makeup for once. You look like some just died.”

“Goodbye mother.” Emma tells Talia.

“Bye Mrs. Slade”

She puts on a fake smile and tells us goodbye.

The ride home I try talking to Emma but she just says yes no or nods her head. After that I stop trying.

When we get home Ashton and Daniel are already there. Emma ignores them and goes into her room. Ashton looks at me and follows her.

Daniel asks me hoe it went.

“Your mother is quite a piece.”

“Tell me about it. So what did you find out?”

“I will tell you and Ashton together. I need you to find out about a Doctor Jared at Seattle Marry Hospital.”

“Fine! Meet me in the office in 3 hours.”

“Wow. You are slow.”

“Ashton will meet us there.”

“Ohkay.”

He leaves the room while calling someone. I make my way to the kitchen to get me something to eat.

===============================================

Yay...Another chapter. Hope you guys like it. I will update next week after this. I have a NAT exam on sunday and i havent prepared for it yet. It is really important so I will update after it.

Do VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE..