Chapter 13

Ashley’s POV:

I am confused. What the hell happened? I run my hands through his soft hair. He moves his head a bit but doesn’t wake up. I try to get my hand free but he tightens his hold and raises his head. He opens his eyes a bit and then his eyes widen.

“How are you feeling?” He asks.

“Fine. What happened?”

“You fainted during therapy.”

“I did?” The doctor said I was healing fine. There was nothing wrong then why did I faint?

“Yes you did. You gave everyone quiet a scare.”

 I ignore the scaring everyone part. Ashton and Daniel would have been celebrating if something where to happen to me. “When do I get out of here?”

“As soon as the doctor says you can go. Are you hungry?”

“Not really.”

“When was the last time you ate?” When did he start caring.

“What’s it to you?”

“Just answer the question Ally.” His voice got soft.

I look at him like he has gone crazy. And I think about when I last ate and I don’t think I remember.

“I don’t know. And don’t call me Ally.”

“Did you have breakfast this morning Ally?”

“No. I don’t think I did. Why do care so much NEAL?”

“Why didn’t you have breakfast?”

“I just didn’t.”

“Don’t lie to me ally. You know you can’t lie to me.”

I laugh. “You didn’t believe me when you should have. That proves you can’t tell truth from a lie.”

“Just tell me. Why didn’t you eat before you left for the hospital?”

I just don’t understand why does he suddenly care so much? And why now? “I didn’t want to give another performance. ” I throw the words he said to me in my bedroom back at him.

“This is serious Ally. Do you know how scared everyone was? You can’t even imagine how Ashton was feeling.”

“Oh I am sorry. I didn’t think about Ashton when I was myself freaking out about my first therapy session. What do you think should I write a formal apology letter? How would this do ‘My dearest brother, please forgive me. Forgive me for thinking about myself when you didn’t even remember my appointment. Forgive me for worrying about my problem, forgive me for spending time with people who actually care for me and making you look for me. And as I already said forgive me for not dying with dad.’? Do you think this will help? ” I ask him sarcastically.

“Enough. He is your brother.”

“Brother? If he had stuck around I would never had had to get that job. Dad would be here with me. None of this would have happened.”

“You can’t blame Ashton for your mistakes Ally.”

 “Why Neal? Why is everything my fault?”

“It just is.” Everything is. Everything is always my fault.

“Tell me something Neal.”

“What?”

“Did you ever love me?”

“Why does it matter now?”

“It just does. Even for a second did you?”

He doesn’t say anything. I ask again “Did you Neal?”

“For a second I did but then I found out what a selfish bitch you are. No wonder your own brother doesn’t want you.” He yells.

I feel my eyes get wet. I feel the tears fell. I close my eyes tightly.

“Shit.” I hear him say. “Ally I didn’t mean it. Ally look at me. I am sorry. That is not what I meant.” I hear him plead.

I just shake my head. “Just leave.”

He grabs my right hand. “Look at me Ally. I didn’t mean it like that. Listen to me.”

I try to get my hand free. I jerk myself away. “NO. Just leave Neal. This was the last time Neal ever saw Ally. After tonight you are Daniel and this bitch is Ashley. And don’t you ever forget that. Now leave before someone sees you here. What will you tell them? What are you doing with the bitch? Oh no wait I remember you will tell them that I am just a wh*re after your money. Won’t you?”

“Ally I was a stupid eighteen year old. What you did was your business.”

“Yes it was. You could have listened to me then but you didn’t. You humiliated me in front of everyone. And I let you. Not this time. You and Ashton have done enough. Now get out.”

“Ally…” I stop him before he can complete what he had to say. “It’s Ashley Mr. Slade and now I want you to leave.”

I turn my head away from him and close my eyes. I hear him leave and then I cry.   

The next morning when i wake up Ashton and Dr. Collin are already there. Once I get discharged Aston drives me home but not before the doctor scolds me for not eating and he changes some of my medicines.

When we get home I go to my room and call Chloe to tell her that I am home. We talk for a while but Ashton interrupts when he comes to call me for breakfast. There is no sign of Daniel when I go for breakfast. When I am done I see him come out of his room he looks like he hasn’t slept the whole night. I ignore him and Ashton who I think wanted to talk to me and go back to my room.

There was nothing to do but then I remembered the birthday present from dad. I take it out from the clost and open it. And what I see makes me cry. It’s mom’s watch and wedding rings in a box. I get up and take out dad’s wedding band from my own jewelry box which was given to me by the hospital with his other belongings. I put both the rings on a chain and wear the chain around my neck. The chain is long it reaches below my chest but its still close to my heart.

And at that moment I decide that I wont cry for the past anymore. Ashton doesn’t want me here well his loss . I am going to leave in 10 months and I have to prepare for life on my own. At that moment I decide I wont let Ashton or Daniel hurt me any more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another chapter. i had a practical exam yesterday so i couldnt upload before.

Hope you guys like it.

 Do VOTE and COMMENT