Chapter 21 ~ Sinful Saints

Everything was almost unrealistic. Like a fairy tale. For the next ten years, everything had been blissful. Ciel and Beth still see each other even though he's not in London anymore. That night had been horrific. She had gotten a broken arm and a bloody nose from getting hit across the face and thrown into a brick wall. She had completely revived since then. Her ribs revived along with her arm. Everything was back to normal. Well... Almost everything. The house stayed standing. When Claude had tried to kill Alois, someone knew better than to let little Beth's heart shatter anymore than it has. If it got any worse, she could have killed herself. But, no. Her savior begged to differ. Paranoia took care of that issue. He promised he'd be with her and protect her for the rest of her life, and yet he has. Alois had proposed to her when she was twenty and he was twenty one. She said yes and they were soon wed. However, that wasn't the end of it. It wasn't the end at all, children. Well, then. Let's take a small journey back to that night in time, shall we?

Two Years Sooner

A smile was brought to Beth's lips as her veil flew in the wind behind her, running through the hallways. It was harder for her to run in her high heels and long dress, but she tried to manage. She then flipped around a corner, hiding behind it, panting. She peeked around the corner. Nobody. A sudden fuzzy feeling erupted from inside her as arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her backwards. She screeched, giggling a bit.

"I knew you couldn't run that far." Alois smiled.

"I wasn't trying to. It's hard to in these heels and dress, anyway." She groaned. She had adapted to heels and had always been able to walk in them without falling, stumbling or hurting her feet. She thought of it as luck. She then rotated herself around to face him, dress crinkling at the sudden twist. The glitter on her eyes was distracting to her sight, she had to admit, but right now, she didn't care. Alois's hair had gotten just a little bit longer. Yes, of course he's cut it many times since then, but it was starting to form into shoulder-length blonde locks. He still remained taller than her. A lot taller. A good foot or foot and a half, maybe.

A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "You know... You might be a girl in white today..." He began, keeping his voice low, almost a hum. "But you'll always be the girl in maroon to me."

This made Beth grin, giggling a bit. Alois always loved it when she smiled. He loved it when she laughed. He even loved it when she cried. Why? Because she would always curl up in his arms. It's where she felt safe. Where she felt warm and wanted. And now, it's here to stay.

Lost in thought, he forgot he had been staring so deeply into her eyes and she gave him a funny look.

"Are you alright?" She asked. He snapped out of his daze and smirked, shaking his head a bit as if he was trying to wake himself up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just got a little lost in thought." He chuckled a bit, then leaning in and kissing her. Of course, she kissed back, one thing leading to another. He then picked her up and carried her to their room, kicking the door shut. Alois laid her down on the bed and started to kiss her once more. She smiled into the kiss, pulling the pins, veil, and ribbons from her hair, throwing them off to the side, the veil gliding to the ground like a leaf.

Breaking for air, they both grinned at each other. "I love you, Miss Maroon." Alois cooed.

"I love you, too, your highness."

The morning was thoroughly rough. Beth groaned, sitting up, and rubbing her head. Her eyes got wide when she looked down at her bare chest, pulling the covers up over herself. The only ray of sunshine peeking through the curtains was targeted on her eyes. Of course.

Her wedding dress was on the ground beside her, her shoes dropped on top of it. Beth drowsily and shakily stood to her feet, feeling like she just got hit by a car and woke up in a place she didn't know. Thankfully, there was two sheets on the bed and she took one with herself to wrap around her, taking it to the shower with her with some clothes she had snatched up.

The shower was thoroughly refreshing and she dried off, feeling splendid, and then it hit her. A cold rush of blood ran down her spine and to her thighs, almost making her collapse. A fuzziness formed inside her head, fogging her eyes. Her stomach was doing summer salts, tying itself into a knot and then some. Beth froze up, hoping this sudden rush of nausea would pass, but she was wrong. She had just enough time to run to the toilet and flip the lid up before she threw up. She figured it was just hunger. At least that's what she told herself.

Hearing the commotion, Alois ran into the doorway, rubbing his eyes and still half awake.

"What happened? Are you alright?" He asked. Small tears formed in the corners of Beth's eyes as her knees gave out beneath her and collapsed to the floor beneath her, leaning against the wall and dropping her hand lazily on the handle, pulling on it, shoving the toilet lid down weakly.

"No. I'm not okay." She moaned.

"How come?" Alois asked, suddenly becoming alert and squatting down to her side and setting a hand on her shoulder.

"I..." She began, a few tears falling from the corners of her eyes, gently gliding down her cheeks. She then looked up at him with her sullen eyes. "I think I'm pregnant."

[JUST CURIOUS]: Was that a good ending? If not, make an alternate ending for me, publish it, and send it to me! I'd love to hear all your suggestions.

-NeptuneBlue