Chapter 10 ~ Cliffhanger

"If you shove me off a cliff, I swear, I will come back and haunt you." Beth snarled a bit, keeping her hand over her eyes as Alois had a hold on her wrist, pulling her around.

"Aw, now why would I do that?" Alois teased coyly. Beth grinned.

"Really, how much longer is it?"

"Just a little longer."

"You said that 'a little longer' ago."

"I mean it this time." Alois smirked. Beth sighed.

"Fine. I trust you."

Just as, Alois gently pulled her middle finger back, removing her hand from her eyes. Beth nearly screamed. "I knew you were trying to throw me off a cliff!" Beth playfully barked. The image was beautiful. Beyond the edge of the cliff they stood at was the ocean blue with a sunset theme. Alois walked up behind her, arms slithering around her waist as he rested his chin upon her shoulder, giggling a bit.

"Makes you feel like you're on the Titanic, doesn't it?"

"Minus the tragedies; sinking, Hypothermia, and drowning, sure." She giggled. Alois placed a quick kiss on her neck, then resting his head back on her shoulder. Alois would have pulled her backwards, letting them tumble to the ground, but he remembered her ribs. He'd like to save the trauma for something that can't be prevented. Instead, he gave a gentle tug on her shoulders, so she plopped down on the grass. Then he pulled her back. Beth watched the orange clouds flutter through the sky so effortlessly. Alois's arms still rested comfortably around Beth's waist and his feet were tangled with hers.

"You know," Alois broke the silence. "I'm really lucky."

"Why do you say that?" Beth asked, sort of afraid the answer might be perverted.

"Because I got my girl in maroon. I thought I couldn't do it because you were with Phantomhive, but here we are now." He smiled.

Beth blushed, bringing a smirk to Alois's lips as he stroked her cheek.

"You're so cute when you blush." He giggled. Beth rolled over so she would lie on top of him, auburn locks dangling beside her face. She then took it upon herself to place a gentle kiss upon Alois's lips. Alois smirked, kissing back, gently biting her bottom lip playfully. Beth giggled, breaking the kiss to place light, tickling kisses on his jawline. A roaring, flaming star burned in the bit of her stomach, bound to burst and create a supernova at some point.

Alois was about to lose his mind with her and start prying at her clothes, but Beth paused a moment, pulling away and holding really still. "What's wrong?" He asked, a shade of fear and concern in his voice.

"I feel like someone's watching me..."

"Well," Alois smirked, pausing. Beth gave a fraud grin.

"Besides you. It's something else."

Alois sat up, holding Beth in his lap. He looked around a moment. The sun had already taken its toll and set under the horizon, allowing the moon too substitute its place. The only light provided was from the gleaming full moon that made both of their eyes sparkle like diamonds. After their thoughts had begun hibernation after the moment had broke, the only thing to be heard was the whispers of the wind that got caught between the bushes and leaves, and the chirping of crickets.

The presence Beth felt had become more strong and made her ears buzz and her eyes static as if it was reaching out to touch her shoulder. Beth turned her head abruptly to look over her shoulder, even though, previously, she pleaded herself not to. What if the 'someone' that was stalking her was 'something'? What if she turned around and saw someone or something crawling at her? Instead, all she found was a cat. All the buzzing and static disappeared and she took a deep sigh of relief. "It's just a cat." She smiled nervously, still half-heaving as she tried to calm her senses. The cat once stood on its feet, but now it sat down, flicking its tail as its red-orange eyes glowed under the moon's spotlight. The cat was as black as night, but seemed groomed, healthy, and well taken care of. Strange state for a cat in the middle of the woods.

Alois looked back at the feline, grinning a bit, but taking one deep look into the animal's eyes made his smile intimidatingly disappear.

"Boo, we should probably go..." Alois hurriedly helped Beth up as he stood as well.

"What's wrong, it's just a cat?" She asked with an agitated look. Alois paused, not wanting to be truthful, but he didn't want to lie to her, either.

"It's... It's getting late... Phantomhive is probably wondering where you are."

"He knows where I am."

Another pause.

"... It's getting late."

Beth sighed in disappointment.

"Fine... At least walk me home?"

Alois nodded, then hearing a faint sound behind her. A small meow. Beth turned her attention to the cat behind her that stood up, tail perked up, and giving her a pleading, innocent look. Beth sighed, giving the cat a look of adore and picked it up in her arms, scratching it playfully behind the ear. "I wish I could take you home, buddy... But Ciel might get mad..." She gave another disappointed sigh. The cat curled up close to her in her arms, nudging her chin with the top of his head. Beth giggled as she cat purred, trying to schmooze her. Beth then grunted a bit. "Fine, you can come with me. But you'll have to stay outside." Beth demanded with a pout. The cat's tail perked up with satisfaction as if it was smiling and nodding. Alois walked to the left of Beth where the cat's back was turned to and wrapped an arm around her waist. Beth gave Alois an 'Oh, stop it' look and after that, they were off into the dead of night.