Chapter 13 ~ Sweet Blasphemy

"I... I have to go!" Beth finished, taking off for the door and throwing it open into the hallway. Panic had risen up in her too far to let go. Tears began to fall from her eyes and she ran up to her room, slamming the door, and flicking the lock. The bed made a tiny squeak when she plopped on it, burying her face in her hands. She had just made friends with paranoia. She also knew that wouldn't be the last time she would see that beast. She needed something to call it. Beth couldn't run from it forever because it was just keep coming back, so why fear it the rest of her life when she could face it. This animal was the new reality for her, and she knew that.

From now on Beth decided to call it Paranoia, because that was all it brought her in its presence.

Speak of the devil, that same popping and crackling came from behind the girl. Beth had just completed her epiphany about facing this new reality. This was the beginning of a new nightmare. A large "Welcome" sign painted in red to a dark world called insanity.

Beth looked over her shoulder at Paranoia and its beastly state. She then pursed her lips and stood up, a cold stare set on Paranoia. It stood just inside her balcony, which sat at the far upper left of the room from the foot of her bed. She then walked to the very end of her bed and stopped, staring it in the eye. The only thing she could see past those red-hot eyes was black fire. It then let out a low chuckle, taking a couple steps towards her to the point of only having a foot of room between them. Beth looked up at him and glared. "I'm not scared of you." She snarled.

"Oh?" Paranoia responded, the end of the skull's jawbone stretching into a disturbing Cheshire grin. "You certainly are brave for being so young."

A small smile rose to Beth's lips, more like a smirk.

"I use to be afraid of you. I use to curl up in fear and avoid you. But just think; when my mother was beating me relentlessly all I wanted was you. I wanted anything to take me away. I didn't care where I went. I just wanted it to be over. I got scared earlier when I saw you because I've never stared the devil in the eye." She practically spat. And then... He began to laugh at her.

"You think you've seen it all, don't you?" Paranoia asked, then raising his talon to her ribcage and putting pressure. Beth clenched her jaw, shutting her eyes tight. "You're more innocent than you think, child. She could have gutted you. She could have starved you. She could have killed you. You could have been raped on your walk home. But you weren't. A few broken bones and you're suddenly a little rebel." The beast continued, starting to drag his talon across her ribcage. "If you wish, I could show you real pain. Or you could give up your pathetic act and face the fact that you're as weak as your mother."

Beth dealt the pain, keeping a stone cold glare on Paranoia.

"Am I really?"

Just as that, Paranoia retracted their hand, throwing a hard kick on her ribcage with their hoof, sending Beth flying back and crashing againsed the door.

"Don't challenge me, brat!" It spat. Beth coughed and hacked, choking on her own blood. "How about I show you real pain?" Paranoia snarled., blasting another hoof into the girl's rib cage that sent her flying through the door, dust and shards of wood taking flight. Beth's tiny and fragile body slammed a dent into the hallway wall across the way. "I will make you fear me, little girl." The beast bared his teeth, growing closer and closer to her limp body that reeked of blood. The grim, thick, salty substance seeped through her teeth. That sinful white noise clouded her eyes and ears, forcing her to begin to fade.

"Go to hell." She managed to spit at him. Another smile stretched across the bone of the skull.

"See you there." Was the last thing she heard from Paranoia before the icy feeling of talons tearing through her face...

Sent her eyes and mind completely empty.