Chapter 12 ~ Dance With The Devil

"W-What?" Beth sputtered, instantly turning pale. Beth let out a short nervous laugh because maybe he was just asking an irrelevant question? Maybe?

"Do you believe in the devil?" He asked once more, only this time more slowly. Beth had never been incredibly religious. In her eyes, there was more proof of the devil than God will ever have, but that doesn't mean she doesn't fear the devil.

Eventually, Beth took a deep breath and sucked up all the courage she could contain.

"Yes..." She replied simply. This brought a smirk to Sebastian's face and Beth's hands started to shake and her feet went numb, trying to build up the valor to keep her calm. "Yes, I do..." She continued.

"Very well. Have you any encounters with the devil?"

"Not that I know of..."

That sent a glint in Sebastian's eyes that made Beth's nerves begin to contract.

"You have now."



The evening was rare. The sky looked of something from the Twilight Zone. The sky was purple, the stars were gold, and the silver clouds swirled around the moon in a way of a whirlpool. Beth brushed it off her shoulders as she sat up in bed, reading a book she had been trying to work on for the past week or two. Then, all of a sudden, she began to feel her head to hurt as if a migraine was trying to erupt. She groaned a bit, rubbing her head, then feeling the pit of her stomach start to churn and contract. Finally, something ripped through her throat and nose, forcing her to clap her hand over her mouth and nose, a warm liquid spritzing from them. Her hands reluctantly and precariously lifted from her face as her eyes sunk to stare at the red blood on her hands that dripped from her nose and lips. Her mouth began to shake as words tried to violently tear from her mouth. More blood flew from her face as she lurched forward as if sneezing. The thick liquid rolled off her hands and onto her lap. Suddenly, a form of cracking was heard in front of her that mocked Insidious. A thing too gruesome to call a man stood eight feet tall in front of her. It had a large bull skull with horns for a head and its eyes glowed red, steam coming from its nostrils as it took deep, heavy, heated breaths. Its body was pure black that was formed like a man's, but had the crimson tail of a Wyvern. It had hooves for feet and talons on its hands.

The sight was morbid. A beast standing before a young, blood-covered girl, just standing there and staring at her as the fear rose up inside her. It let out a low growl as it took a single step toward the end of her bed, making her curl up and scramble backwards away from the horrible creature.

"W-What do you want?" Beth sputtered, trembling in terror. A low chuckle roared from the beast's throat, lifting a bony, talloned hand and pointing at Beth.

"You." Was all it snarled before, leaping at her.

Beth sat up with a gasp, falling back in her chair and tumbling to the ground. Gasping for air she looked at her hands, but they were perfectly clean, and so was her mouth and nose. She quickly stood up and shakily sat the chair upright, shoving it under the table. She had blacked out exactly where she was before that horrible nightmare. Sebastian sprinted up to her, eyes wide.

"Mistress, are you alright!?" He asked hurriedly. Beth panted, beginning to hyperventilate. "Mistress, please calm down, you're hyperventilating!" He panicked. Sebastian then tugged the young girl up to him, her back to his chest and he held his gloved hand over her nose and mouth, forcing her heart rate to lower with her breathing.

Once calmed, he finally let her go and she stumbled forward, leaning on her knees. Beth then stood up straight and looked over her shoulder and her pupils nearly disappeared as her skin turned gray. Standing before her was the beast that made her bleed. She shut her eyes and counted to five, then opening them and it was only Sebastian standing there with the same worried expression as before.

"I..." She tried to spit out, still terrified. Sebastian chuckled.

"My, my, Mistress..." He began. "You look like you just saw the devil himself."