Chapter 5 ~ The Girl in Maroon

The night had come of the ball. Sebastian had just finished off her hair by adding a white flower. Her auburn locks were curled, her maroon dress hung at her feet, her silver shoes were strapped to her feet, and her silver necklace and earrings added to the dazzling look. Her eye makeup was done carefully with shades of maroon, black, and red. Her pale complexion and her icy blue eyes made her make look like a storybook princess. Sebastian smiled at this and held up her black jacket. She turned around and slid her arms through the sleeves, then linking arms with the black butler. He walked her down to the grand staircase. She lifted her dress a bit as she took each risky step down each stair, heels toking on the marble.

Then she saw it. The beautiful machinery that sat sparkling in the moonlight in front of her. A Hummer limousine. Beth grinned brightly, Sebastian escorting her to the back seat. She opened the door and extended his hand. Beth took his gloved hand and stepped up into the limo. Ciel was already seated inside in a tux and she sat next to him. The door clicked shut, then machine roared to life and then they were off.

Out the window was the city lights that glowed so bright. Giant billboards advertising the latest trend, glowing signs acknowledging the latest movie premiere, and party animals lined the bars in small black dresses, heels, and silk.

Beth felt a tap on her shoulder and she looked over at Ciel who then pointed up. Beth looked up and a small roof window sat open. She looked back at Ciel and he smirked, so she stood up from the window. A rush of wind hit her as all her worries and regrets blew behind her, littering the streets. The colorful lights hit her and she couldn't help but let a smile spread to her cheeks. This was it.

When they arrived at the ball, Beth and Ciel were both escorted to the mansion. When Beth stepped in, everything she had just imagined it to be had come to life. The gowns, the lights, the windows, the orchestra... Everything. She looked over at Ciel and he extended his hand toward her with a smirk.

"Care to dance?"

Beth smiled lightly and curtsied, taking the Earl's hand. Violins and pianos played up front in sync to the two teenagers spinning around the ballroom.

However, on the other side of the mansion, Claude had just finished dressing Alois, of which his outfit consisted of the usual purple, white, green, and black. Claude tied off his bow and stood to his feet.

"I suggest you get down there, your highness. There's already people dancing."

"Claude, I'm going, it's fine." Alois sighed, walking past him and trotting down the stairs. He took a sharp left and slipped into the ballroom.

The dance had just finished and Ciel tipped Beth backwards, but lifting her back to her feet. She looked across the ballroom at a table that consisted of punch and what not. She pointed over there, informing him that she would be right back. Ciel then nodded, turning away. This entire time Alois had been watching the two smiling teenagers, but his eyes stayed locked on the girl in maroon. Everything about her was perfect. The way the torso of the dress clung to her pale, flawless skin so perfectly. The way her long, auburn hair hung at her lower back, almost touching her bottom. The way her dark lipstick coated her soft lips...

All of these perfections made Alois's heart skip a beat. And she was walking right his way! To his unsatisfactory, though, she turned toward the punch. So, in this case, he decided to approach her first. Alois made his way through the crowd and over to the pale princess. He walked up beside her, setting his index finger under her chin and turning her head towards him. "Well, you're just a pretty little thing, aren't you?" He smirked. A dark blush rose to Beth's cheeks as she squeaked and scurried away from him. He paused, realizing he might have come on too quickly. He needed to fix this. He might never see her again. However, she was with the Phantomhive boy.

"Wait!" Alois shouted after her, grabbing her wrist and spinning her around. Her face turned pale as she wanted to shrivel up in a corner and cry, but she chose not to. "I'm sorry." Was all the Earl had to say before a small smile rose to his lips and he let go of her wrist, letting the young girl retract it quickly and tears form in the corners of her eyes, afraid of the worst. He held out his hand to the Girl in Maroon. "Care to dance?"

So, here we are. Caught up from the beginning to the end. So now, whatever happens, is yet to be discovered.