Chapter 6 ~ Moonlight Shimmers

Beth paused. Normally when boys are perverts, they chase after you, tackle you to the ground, and rape you. But he was different. Something about him sparked her interest. Maybe that he apologized and started over? Maybe the way his ice blue eyes enchanted her? It was both. Definitely both, because she forgave him for apologizing, but kept her eyes locked on those gorgeous eyes.

Suddenly a smile spread her lips, then nodding. Alois smirked when she took his hand, then tugging her closer to him, hearts touching. Beth blushed, inches from his face. Alois smirked.

"It's fine, you'll do alright." He smiled, his grin more sincere than before. The world started to spin around Beth as Alois twirled her through the ball room. On the other side of the ball room, Ciel watched the two in awe. Not out of jealousy, but out of shock. She actually fell for him! A spark of rage flickered inside Ciel. What if Alois hurt her? She was already in so much pain, the only thing she was doing was carving the days into the wall.

When the dance finished, Alois bowed Beth, his pale locks hanging alongside his face as he stared into her eyes. He eventually lifted her to her feet, restraining himself. He wanted her so badly. Outside he was just casually seducing the young girl, but inside he remained biting his nails.

Alois took her hand in his, lifting it to his lips and kissing her knuckles. Her heart sank completely as a light blush rose to her cheeks. He let her hand drop to her side as he stood up-right. "Do you have a name, beautiful?" He asked coolly. Beth smiled lightly, but then second guessed giving him her name.

"B-Beth..." She managed to choke out. Alois smirked.

"That's a beautiful name. My name is Alois Trancy."

Beth's eyes grew wide. That's impossible!

"It's an invitation to the Trancy Mansion..."

"I-I'm sorry." Was all Beth squeaked out before she took off running toward Ciel, who was still giving her a funny look "I... I need some air." She half-whispered to Ciel, stepping outside and turning the corner, sighing. Everything was happening so fast. Beth looked up at the stars that gazed over everyone and right about now she had lost all belief in God. If there really was a God, then why is he punishing her so badly?

Breaking the emotion, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around abruptly and lips crashed against hers. Her eyes grew wide. Realizing blonde hair had brushed her cheek, she knew exactly who it was. So I suppose you'd sit there and half the audience would 'boo', and tell her to shove him away, and half of you cat call...

Her eyes then fluttered shut, her arms snaked up around his neck, and she passionately kissed him back. This was exactly what Beth had expected her first kiss to be like. Absolutely wonderful under the moonlight shimmers. Cat callers win.

Breaking the beautiful rays around them, a voice was heard behind Alois.

"Your highness, it's awfully late, we should get going."

Alois quickly broke the kiss, swiped the lipstick off his lips, and looked over his shoulder, groaning a bit.

"Fine." He childishly whined. By now, the spark that had started between them convinced Beth she could be herself around him. Alois looked back at Beth with an apologetic face.

"I'm sorry. We should meet up sometime." He smiled. Beth smirked, mocking the taller man.

"Yes... Your highness."