Chapter 7 ~ A Promise

The limousine door shut and Beth sighed, suddenly finding the floor interesting. Ciel looked over at her with a slight annoyed, stoic expression.

"Your lipstick is smeared. And you need to fix your hair." He nearly hissed through his teeth. Beth's eyes grew wide, wiping her thumb along the outside of her lips to wipe away the smears. She then raked her fingers gently through her hair, fixing it somewhat. Ciel growled lowly, watching Beth desperately trying to fix herself, Ciel then looking away. After Beth's frantic, she finally hung her head a bit out of shame and exhaustion.

"It's not going to be a 'one-time' thing, will it?" He sighed. Beth didn't reply, but kept her head hung. Ciel looked over at her. "I don't want you to get hurt, and trust me, you know nothing about him. He will hurt you."

Beth kept her head hung, still no reply. Ciel set his index finger under her chin, turning her head towards him the same way Alois did earlier. "Promise me you won't go near him again?"

Beth paused a moment. "I promise." She half-whispered. Ciel smiled lightly, letting go of her chin.

"Thank you." He finished, ending the conversation. Beth said no more.

When they got to the house, Sebastian escorted her up to the front door, Ciel by her side.

"Do you remember where your room was, Miss?" Sebastian asked Beth after they got inside, taking Beth and Ciel's coats. Beth nodded, dragging her feet a bit off to the room she was before upstairs. When she got in her room, she kicked off her shoes. She walked over to the desk, removing her necklace, earrings, and taking all the bangles out of her hair. She ran a brush through her hair and wiped her make up off. She looked down and she was still in her dress. Oh God, what would she do for clothes? Beth strutted over to the closet, checking just in case there might be spare clothes.

What she saw in the closet made her have a long pause. All of her clothes were here. Not only all of them, but all of them. She reluctantly pulled her pajamas from the closet and slipped the scratchy dress off, changing into her soft pajamas. She ran a brush through her hair one last time, before looking through the room. Come on, if they could raid your drawers and bring everything here, the least they could do was bring her toothbrush.

Finally, after about twenty minutes of raiding, she found it in a vanity drawer. Figures. The one place she didn't look.

After she had brushed her teeth and cleaned up her raiding, she walked over to the window with the curtains shut. She pulled open the curtains, letting the moonlight shine on her face. She always slept with the curtains open, why stop now?

Beth took one look outside, then turning around and crawling into bed. Beth pulled the covers over her shoulders, and the bed was so comfortable, and Beth was so tired, the literally two seconds after she laid down she fell asleep.

When she got up the next morning, she got dressed and did her hair... What now?

Just as, a knock was heard on the door and she turned her attention toward the sound, watching Sebastian step into the room. "Oh, you're up. Well, I figured you wouldn't know where the dining room was," He began. Beth nodded, following him out of the room.

When they got to the dining room, Sebastian seated her. After breakfast was finished, Beth told Ciel that she would be in the garden. He nodded and she made her way out there, looking at the beautiful scenery. Soon enough, footsteps trailed up behind her and Beth abruptly turned around, but it was only Finni who wore a bright grin.

"Hi Finni..." Beth squeaked. Finni handed her an envelope nonchalantly, receiving a curious look from Beth. Finni then wandered away and Beth turned her back towards the mansion. It was a letter that read the simple words: "Fifty steps from fountain". No signature. She gulped a bit and clutched the letter, walking up to the fountain, then taking fifty steps into the woods. It was an opening in the woods; trees circling a grassy patch with rays of sun peeking through the trees. Nobody or nothing was here. Suddenly she heard the snapping of twigs and the rustle of leaves just behind her. She stood frozen for a moment, blood turning ice cold as she reluctantly turned around to stare at those blue eyes. Those gorgeous blue eyes.

After about a twenty-second complete still silence, Beth leaped into Alois's arms, clashing her lips against his. His arms slipped around her waist, kissing her back passionately. The two stayed that way for a while before they had to catch their breath. After they needed a breath, they pulled each other into a hug.

"I missed you." Alois broke the silence, burying his face in her neck.

"I missed you, too." Beth half-cried tears of happiness. She honestly thought that this would only be once and he was like every other boy who would lie and say he would see her again. This was different. He came back for her... And he said that he missed her.

Alois lifted his head and placed a kiss on her nose, setting his forehead against hers.

"I told you I would see you again." He smiled. Beth grinned, shedding a few tears.

"Yes, your highness... You did."